Ex Player Marvin Johnson

Perfect foil to what we have, an uber attacking full back for when we need to overload the dross of Cambridge etc. and a brickwall in Brown for games like last night when we need to be solid.

Mind you he also has one hell of a shot in him 30+ yards against Bradford in the JPT or whatever it was called back then

Would certainly command a bit more attention than Ciaron Brown and open things up against the really defensive teams. Doesn't have the pace he once did but a key part of Wednesday's success last season and if they're covering the majority of his wages it's a no-brainer.

Not that it means anything, but who was the last player to return after leaving on a permanent and do really well for us? Remember plenty that didn't work out. I'm thinking of players who left after a successful spell, as opposed to the likes of Matty Taylor.

Nine yellows and one red from 13 starts is as dynamic (as in vigourous and forceful) as it gets.....

Dynamic doesn't mean better

It is an apt description of Johnson's playing style. He was more than capable defensively too. I'd be amazed if you thought Ruffles or Skarz were, lets say, better footballers than Johnson. Johnson is decent in the air too.

I've no idea how likely it is but we could certainly do a lot worse.

Manning was asked about Johnson being there last night.
He suggested that we weren't interested but I didn't think that it was said with huge conviction?

Yeah a bit odd. Didn't realise at the time of writing my previous post that he's frozen out at Wednesday and therefore maybe available on loan.

Maybe we're in pole position to secure his services then?

It’s definitely one of the stranger reappearances at a game by an ex player if he isn’t looking at resigning for us, not been here 6 years, only here for a season as well, nearly every player he played with and the management team have left. If it was Derby he would be in there end surely?

Unless he knows a player currently playing for us quite well and happens to live nearish then I am struggling to think of any other reason?

It’s definitely one of the stranger reappearances at a game by an ex player if he isn’t looking at resigning for us, not been here 6 years, only here for a season as well, nearly every player he played with and the management team have left. If it was Derby he would be in there end surely?

Unless he knows a player currently playing for us quite well and happens to live nearish then I am struggling to think of any other reason?

He's good mates with Marcus Browne from their Middlesborough days.