Ex Player Marvin Johnson

We desperately need pace. But he didn’t help himself with his appalling attitude here leading up to his transfer.

Still from Marv’s perspective, having to deal with our bunch of moaners is probably highly preferable to 30 mile cross country runs with Pulis.

I know quite a bit about his agent

If it happens we will have to pay through the nose

And he couldn’t careless about being in the shop window

Care to enlarge on that?

And he couldn’t careless about being in the shop window

Surely now though he is at last chance saloon? He might be a bit of a t**t but he's clearly an ambitious guy, and his big money move hasn't worked out. He doesn't have the time to be complacent. How else is he going to get another Championship-sized pay packet if he doesnt show he's a cut above L1 (again)?

• React
Reactions: Ian
Correct me if im wrong. Having read the link to sky sports it would suggest that he only has 2 choices, either rot in the reserves at Boro or come back to us on loan because he cant play for any one else?. If that's the case then I wouldn't want him back. The guy is unprofessional and stopped playing for us when he decided he wanted a move. Get someone else, preferably with a better attitude.

And he couldn’t care less about his player being in the shop window

If it is a loan the parent club decide what we pay towards wages/loan fee not the player’s agent.

Would love him to come back for the rest of the season. If he does come back it clearly proves he wants to play or else he would just 'rot' (as others have said) in the Boro stiffs and pick up his money every week.

Quite a risk on his part I'd say.

Awful, awful attitude on the pitch towards the end of his time with us.

I doubt very much Johnson gives a s**t about OUFC, the fans, or anyone else connected to the club.

I suspect he’s more than happy picking up his Championship wage whilst getting splinters in his a**e.

Awful, awful attitude on the pitch towards the end of his time with us.

I doubt very much Johnson gives a s**t about OUFC, the fans, or anyone else connected to the club.

I suspect he’s more than happy picking up his Championship wage whilst getting splinters in his a**e.

I'm sure he doesn't give a s**t about OUFC but it could be in his interest to get playing to put himself in the shop window for next season. If he puts the effort in then we would have a good player for the rest of the season.

That said it isn't looking likely anyway.

Well, if it’s a loan deal with Johnson on Boro’s wages and we’re footing it, it’s a no-go. We won’t be able to afford it. If they’re paying some (or all) and we’re paying some, it could work for us.

I don’t care whether Marvin Johnson gives a toss about us or not. He in many ways orchestrated the move so it’s up to him to do something about the next one. Taking the money and having a kick in the reserves is one option but he’ll find himself out of work very quickly that way. A short shop-window spell of three months with the only club he can actually play for down a division is more the other option to him.

He never struck me as the brightest (his hilariously boring programme interview a few months back summed it up) so hopefully his agent can point him towards us.

Care to enlarge on that?

He also represented Sinclair, the Watford striker in the last window

All was agreed for a loan move to Sheff Utd and then his agent, at the 11th hour, started to move the goalposts With his own demands on fees etc

The player wanting to play has nothing to do with it

He also represented Sinclair, the Watford striker in the last window

All was agreed for a loan move to Sheff Utd and then his agent, at the 11th hour, started to move the goalposts With his own demands on fees etc

The player wanting to play has nothing to do with it
Thought he couldn’t play for more than two clubs on a season ?

His agent is Gino Culbarton who represents few players from north of the border, he tried to hold Motherwell to ransom before and it backfired, I suspect he wants his payment both ways, where he should be representing the player and his best interests.

I doubt he will come here so will just sit on his rear until he gets what he wants.

His agent is Gino Culbarton who represents few players from north of the border, he tried to hold Motherwell to ransom before and it backfired, I suspect he wants his payment both ways, where he should be representing the player and his best interests.

I doubt he will come here so will just sit on his rear until he gets what he wants.

But the thing is, he won’t get any more than his current wages anyway? And it’s down to Middlesbrough not his agent what percentage of that we would pay. If his agent wants another pay day, do u think it benefits him more sat in borough reserves not playing, or playing regular here and maybe getting a few goals and assists in the shop window?