Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

Just watched the game vs QPR.

McGuane is insane. Must have burst through the lines 5 or 6 times which eventually earned a yellow card in the 2nd half. I can see some real issues with teams who play us keeping 11 men on the pitch during a league game to be honest. A couple of times it looked as if he was playing with his kids in the garden. I realise I might sound excitable but haven't I got good reason to be?

I think we have quite a few other players who can do that as well!

He looked very impressive. It looks the sort of player who isn't easily knocked off the ball and can move the ball forward to get attacks going.

Let’s hope we sign him, conversations will happen with Forest in the next few weeks ref a permanent deal, here’s hoping 🤞🏻

I know it will be seen by many as a distraction from recent results, but if a deal to bring McGuane in on a permanent deal comes off it'll be a real sign of intent. Once he got settled he looked a class above and his injury has totalled changed the way we play. Not only that but he's only young and with real pedigree. If he plays to the level he's capable of then we could be looking at a huge profit (if that remains our business model).

I know it will be seen by many as a distraction from recent results, but if a deal to bring McGuane in on a permanent deal comes off it'll be a real sign of intent. Once he got settled he looked a class above and his injury has totalled changed the way we play. Not only that but he's only young and with real pedigree. If he plays to the level he's capable of then we could be looking at a huge profit (if that remains our business model).

That would be fab if it happened. Our best play comes when we’ve won the midfield- I hope we invest in that area rather than in fancy wingers.

Why do we suddenly appear to be on the verge of signing him? I would have thought forest would want him back...

• React
Reactions: m
Why do we suddenly appear to be on the verge of signing him? I would have thought forest would want him back...
Last year of his contract with a different manager in charge at Forest from when he was first signed?Also was signed for Forests under 23 squad rather than first team.

Brannagan Gorrin McGuane is a top class League 1 midfield. Henry & LCP to compete with them to. Get rid of Hanson, Sykes, Kelly, Grayson etc.

I asked a Forest supporting mate about McGuane a couple months back - he had no clue who he was! Clearly not particularly high in the pecking order and Forest have a lot of U23 players in their team so probably would barely notice if he slipped away. I don't think he'll come on the complete cheap, but I wouldn't be surprised if we can snatch him for around 250k given his contract situation and the seeming fact he enjoyed his time here and may push to come back. One of those players that could turn us around a quick profit if he grows how many of us think he can.

Also, I brought up the fact we could be going in for McGuane on a perm about a month ago, does this give me ITK status now? Are there any perks to it?

I asked a Forest supporting mate about McGuane a couple months back - he had no clue who he was! Clearly not particularly high in the pecking order and Forest have a lot of U23 players in their team so probably would barely notice if he slipped away. I don't think he'll come on the complete cheap, but I wouldn't be surprised if we can snatch him for around 250k given his contract situation and the seeming fact he enjoyed his time here and may push to come back. One of those players that could turn us around a quick profit if he grows how many of us think he can.

Also, I brought up the fact we could be going in for McGuane on a perm about a month ago, does this give me ITK status now? Are there any perks to it?
You get a mug, plus everyone views you with a mixture of servility and hate

You are now allowed to brand people who disagree with you with the 'not a TRUE fan' statement, and take pleasure at the resulting angry comebacks.
I will take this new position and ability with great honour.

This must be Oxford United, where signing a crocked player is met with joy. Strategic brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom