Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

A really positive signing very pleased with it. looked a cracking player before being injured.
OUFCX

If Brannagan really is poached away from us then we will need a new effective midfielder

Can't see him going anywhere on the fact after his injury he hasn't hit the same heights as last season. I wouldn't be worried if we do except a bid for him though, plenty of replacements out there.

If had stayed fit be in the play offs for sure
Good signing as clearly a slick midfield player
Not a replacement for Cam B as plays in a different style.
Concerned about his fitness record / current injury - yes but has not really played for a long period over his career to build up the resistance for these types of aliments

Last edited:
Concerned about his fitness record / current injury - yes but has not really played for a long period over his career to build up the resistance for this types of aliments
He could work well with Cam and Sykes

Can't wait to see @Mellowyellow saying that he has watched a lot of him in reserve games and he's useless! Or others to scream about him being an injury prone wannabe, Barcelona failure or one of Robinson's mates!!!

Top signing, at a great time that shows real intent. Christ, even Kips happy!!!

Can't wait to see @Mellowyellow saying that he has watched a lot of him in reserve games and he's useless! Or others to scream about him being an injury prone wannabe, Barcelona failure or one of Robinson's mates!!!

Top signing, at a great time that shows real intent. Christ, even Kips happy!!!
He was just coming good before his injury, so if the management team and physios do there thing and get him fit ready for next season, I think we will see some quality

Concerned about his fitness record / current injury - yes but has not really played for a long period over his career to build up the resistance for these types of aliments
He has had one injury of this kind - this one. Other than that, he has only had minor knocks. I don’t understand your point about playing for long periods and resistance. He’s a professional athlete and has been playing football his whole life. Not only that, but we have a great medical team and I’ve already seen photos of him today, at the club, working on his conditioning! He’s not exactly George Thorne..

I think this is a great signing he looked class before injury and with him in the team think we would have easily been in a play off place if not further
One small caveat, we all know great players who, following a serious injury never get back to that pre injury form

Great signing, wasn't expecting it to happen but thrilled that it has! However, this probably means one of three things:

1) The takeover is happening and the bigwigs are getting to work straight away - unlikely

2) Karl's done some good business for once - unlikely

3) This is our big signing for the time being, our finances are clapped and our remaining purchases for next season will be three 47-year old permanently injured wingers/strikers on frees having left bottom six Championship clubs in 2013 and not played since (I'm looking at you Sam Winnall) - very probably
Lifted straight from Kip's best selling "How to be an Oxford United Fan and Hate Every Second of It" book

Back
Top Bottom