General Manager Sack Watch

I was in Luton on Sunday. What a horrible place, windy and cold, and a miserable town that should never be on the candidates list for city status.
Thunk Steve Cooper could be looking for a new challenge. Nino set for his job
Officially sacked.

That would be a brilliant early Xmas present if Mous left Pompey. Can’t see it happening however and particularly with them so far out in front.
This time next year Pompey will probably be above Plymouth (and Bristol City), can't see him moving to them.

This time next year Pompey will probably be above Plymouth (and Bristol City), can't see him moving to them.
Nope. He'd be mad to go there at this stage. This continue interest will almost certainly earn him an even better contract at some point though.

Forest Green change manager
geniunely surprised they (FGR) didnt install the 'temporary' female manager( cant remember her name- cant be arsed to look it up) who they had at the start of the season as manager, or at least as interim manager

geniunely surprised they (FGR) didnt install the 'temporary' female manager( cant remember her name- cant be arsed to look it up) who they had at the start of the season as manager, or at least as interim manager

Not really, the attention seeking owner was happy to put her in charge during the close season when he didn't think it would have any impact but as they are in the relegation zone now he isn't willing to risk his money on his principles. Although Deeney is such a cheap appointment and they are doing som badly that you have to wonder if he has got bored of it now he has realised the limit of where a club as tiny as Forest Green can actually get to in professional football.

The Horseman has bolted.

Troy Deeney is hard to dislike but that’s a horrible first managerial gig to take on. They look done for. They can surprise us all, I guess.

I think Steve Cotterill would be a good fit there. * tips hat to @greatunclekip *

Not really, the attention seeking owner was happy to put her in charge during the close season when he didn't think it would have any impact but as they are in the relegation zone now he isn't willing to risk his money on his principles. Although Deeney is such a cheap appointment and they are doing som badly that you have to wonder if he has got bored of it now he has realised the limit of where a club as tiny as Forest Green can actually get to in professional football.

In other words, they're Rushden & Diamonds Pt. II.

Hope for the sake of the few fans they do have, that it doesn't end the same way........

In other words, they're Rushden & Diamonds Pt. II.

Hope for the sake of the few fans they do have, that it doesn't end the same way........

You would hope that they can just return to being a non league club with fond memories of a football league adventure but it never seems to pan out that way.

They are so small that a lot of older local footballers will have played against them in the Hellenic league, on my first visit there in the first season in the conference it was the away day that really let you know how far we had fallen as the village was so tiny, so it’s not like it was a large conurbation which had room for a growing football team.

Reminds me of Histon, almost. One occasion we played them and they didn’t bring any fans apart from the management and physio

I remember seeing Cambridge City play them back when I lived in Cambridge in the 90s. That was in the Southern Premier, and FGR were newly promoted into that league at the time. I remember never really having heard of them before. (Neil Harris was playing for Cambridge City back then.)

Reminds me of Histon, almost. One occasion we played them and they didn’t bring any fans apart from the management and physio

They're playing in the Premier Division South of the United Counties League now (which I think is Tier 9? The level below where Didcot and Thame play)
Never went bust, just have suffered five relegations (and only one promotion) since their conference heyday when Jack Midson was banging them in.

They're playing in the Premier Division South of the United Counties League now (which I think is Tier 9? The level below where Didcot and Thame play)
Never went bust, just have suffered five relegations (and only one promotion) since their conference heyday when Jack Midson was banging them in.

They should never have let Midson leave ;)

Not sackings, I dont think, but lot of changes locally at North Leigh this week, anyone know what's gone on there?

Back
Top Bottom