National News London Bridge

Tag them. Restrict their movement. Call it house arrest if you like.
If he had been tagged, assuming that he was under total house arrest without any hours or conditions outside the curfew hours, then it would still only alarm to a private monitoring company the moment he'd left the house. By the time police attended then he would have still been able to commit this offence.

I am, specifically for those on the watch list. If its 10,000 folk then it is for the greater good of the other 66 million folk.

They still have to commit a crime otherwise you've gone down the Totalitarian state route. For instance, Thatcher is likely to have had key Miners on the list because they opposed her plans and she used the Police as her personal paramilitary force which supports that theory.

Lets tag all football supporters just in case they are football hooligans, greater good and all that.

They still have to commit a crime otherwise you've gone down the Totalitarian state route. For instance, Thatcher is likely to have had key Miners on the list because they opposed her plans and she used the Police as her personal paramilitary force which supports that theory.

Lets tag all football supporters just in case they are football hooligans, greater good and all that.

People on a terrorist watch list ................. not miners, not football supporters.

Don't TVP have a watch list for our games?
People on a terrorist watch list ................. not miners, not football supporters.
Why would they be on a watch list, and not in custody do you think? You can't give the police powers to tag people without due reason.

Do we know that he was on a terrorist watch list?
From the BBC report, sounds like he wasn't being watched...

Security sources said the suspect came to the attention of the security services after they received information he had aspirations to travel abroad - potentially for terrorism, according to the BBC's home affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani.

When the information was further investigated, as the first stage of looking into a potential lead, no genuine threat or immediate risk was identified.

No case file was opened which would have made him a target for further investigation.

From the BBC report, sounds like he wasn't being watched...

I believe he was in Bullingdon prison for a fairly short sentence, certainly not the kind that warrants additional licence conditions or security measures.

I would suspect, from what I've heard, that this was more likely due to drug use (spice or some other synthetic s**t!) rather than any terrorist ideology.

I believe he was in Bullingdon prison for a fairly short sentence, certainly not the kind that warrants additional licence conditions or security measures.

I would suspect, from what I've heard, that this was more likely due to drug use (spice or some other synthetic s**t!) rather than any terrorist ideology.
I've heard that spice is used a lot in prisons and by people on parole because unlike cannabis it doesn't show up in tests.

Is that correct?

Is that a guess or is it based on factual statements made by the police? Because I thought they were treating it as a terror incident.

"Sir Mark Rowley, a former national lead for counter-terrorism policing, told the BBC that MI5 has 3,000 people under investigation, but there are 40,000 who have "touched the system" at some point. "

Start with the 3,000 and curtail the freedoms they so obviously dislike.
Where necessary, if this country has welcomed them with open arms, return them to where ever they came from.
Then start implementing some stronger policies around conviction(s) and repatriation.
Come here by all means but it is a contract that goes both ways.

"Sir Mark Rowley, a former national lead for counter-terrorism policing, told the BBC that MI5 has 3,000 people under investigation, but there are 40,000 who have "touched the system" at some point. "

Start with the 3,000 and curtail the freedoms they so obviously dislike.
Where necessary, if this country has welcomed them with open arms, return them to where ever they came from.
Then start implementing some stronger policies around conviction(s) and repatriation.
Come here by all means but it is a contract that goes both ways.

Again, under investigation isn't a conviction.

And what if they are homegrown?

Back
Top Bottom