Ex Player Lets scour the internet for great oxford goals...

I don’t know if it’s even on film but can anyone remember Paul Simpson’s free kick against Wolves (Cuckoo Lane end around 1991)

I’ve only seen it in real time but I’m sure it was about 35 yards out and a stunning strike.

We had Ian Walker in goal for us that day too iirc.

2012-13 was a mediocre season but we did get one over on Di Canio again. 7700 odd in and that was our highest attendance all year.

Whoops, Aden Flint!

Just had Kevin Brock and John Aldridge's goals against Oldham in our 5-2 home win Vs Oldham (84/85) on Football Archives on BT.

Now got 85/86 season on, it is on BT Sport 1.

2012-13 was a mediocre season but we did get one over on Di Canio again. 7700 odd in and that was our highest attendance all year.

Whoops, Aden Flint!
Really hate the all yellow kit. Build it up with Yellow and Blue.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I was thinking last night, wouldn't it be great if the club (??????) could put something out on their social media for people to upload goals, etc from the 80s. 90s and early noughties while people are at home and self isolating - even they can do it from their archives. It would be a great way to share our clubs history with those who weren't born and a way for fans to still communicate some positivity/diversion from the day to day.

I'm not the only one who can remember Mike Ford's screamer at Cambridge, Mark Rawle's goal at Cambridge or the Dave Penney overhead kick against Wolves. And someone somewhere will have those goals stored away...

If enough do it, they can have a best goal competition too.

Perhaps something someone with relationships in the club could push too?

I'm not the only one who can remember Mike Ford's screamer at Cambridge, Mark Rawle's goal at Cambridge or the Dave Penney overhead kick against Wolves. And someone somewhere will have those goals stored away...

I was scouring the internet for that one the other day.....but couldn't find it anywhere.

Just about the most mental I've ever gone at a football ground after that goal!*

(*with the usual Alfie Potter at Wembley exception)

I was scouring the internet for that one the other day.....but couldn't find it anywhere.

Just about the most mental I've ever gone at a football ground after that goal!*

(*with the usual Alfie Potter at Wembley exception)
I can recall the goal because it got so much publicity, but doesn't exist on T'internet any longer. Selfishly, I want to see it again and I'm sure some youngsters will realise the good goals didn't start with Kemar Roofe!

This has a cracker from Mark Rawle. I remember the goal and day well.

And is that referee the one and only Joe Ross?

Our 3rd goal features fantastic clamity defending although nicely taken by Andy Scott. Not a bad finish by Bash either for the 1st.

Jeez, Joey was as good as any I have seen in yellow since the late 50s. He certainly scored some crackers. Earlier compilation excluded the 2 superb Millwall strikes. He was quicker than I remember too.

Jeez, Joey was as good as any I have seen in yellow since the late 50s. He certainly scored some crackers. Earlier compilation excluded the 2 superb Millwall strikes. He was quicker than I remember too.

Would love a compilation of Joey’s best goals if anyone can be arsed!

Cracking finishes for their goal and Paul McCarthy with our 2nd.

Ah, the blowing a gale game. That’s where a bit of the south stand blew off and fans had to be moved.

That header from McCarthy though! It was travelling at a pace that matched Adam Murray’s equaliser.

Back
Top Bottom