Ex Player Lets scour the internet for great oxford goals...

It was a pleasure to watch live and almost as good watching the video (again!)

The only other goal that gets even close to it for me in terms of execution and importance was the opener against York at Wembley. Watching that from behind the goal was fantastic as you rarely saw goals fly in like that in the Conference.

The importance of Green’s goal has been lost slightly over time I feel as Beano notched up another not long after, before Clarkey also got himself on the scoresheet alongside Alfie’s dramatic concluding shot. But it was a beauty and it was so important to get that first goal.
It was, and the scenes of sheer relief in the stands behind Alfie Potter after his goal finish the game off nicely for me.

I was just watching that crazy 5-5 draw with Pompey can’t believe I stayed, but was rewarded with a grandstand finish.

I remember a certain "Mad Dog" Micky Lewis scoring a rare goal at the manor that was similar to that!

Last edited:
I would love to find that fa cup draw at the City Ground. Last minute equaliser from Stuart Massey’s head from a corner flicked on by Matty Elliot. Scenes that day were brilliant.

From the same season, I'd love to see the home game against Walsall that finished 3-2 with a last minute Martin Aldridge goal which was the catalyst for our promotion season (even Fordy referenced it in an OM piece at the end of the season). Have yet to find it though.

Back
Top Bottom