Ex Player Leon Chamber-Parillon

Is their any point in having Kelly on the bench over one of our own youngsters? He isn’t a physical presence to shore up the defence if we are ahead and he doesn’t bring much attacking threat if we are behind. So far this season he hasn’t really contributed and he isn’t even our player so we have to put the club first.
I totally agree but and it is a but, if Kelly was to perform to his true capabilities we would have one hell of a player, but as of yet he isn’t.

Is their any point in having Kelly on the bench over one of our own youngsters? He isn’t a physical presence to shore up the defence if we are ahead and he doesn’t bring much attacking threat if we are behind. So far this season he hasn’t really contributed and he isn’t even our player so we have to put the club first.

I'd highlight the Newcastle game as one where he had a massive impact when coming on. We could do with more of that.

I wouldnt write Kelly off just yet he is showing signs of improvement. I was very encouraged to see Elechi and Jones look perfectly capable of playing in the first team. Also thought Mous looked good against walsall. LCP looked a real talent also.

Goes on loan to Havant & Waterlooville.

Have to say, after Tuesday's showing I'm a bit surprised. Definitely didn't look too far off challenging for first team contention on that showing. Hopefully it galvanises him in the same way as Shandon's loan in 17-18.

Have to say, after Tuesday's showing I'm a bit surprised. Definitely didn't look too far off challenging for first team contention on that showing. Hopefully it galvanises him in the same way as Shandon's loan in 17-18.
Must admit thought top conference level rather than north/south but hopefully will be his springboard as looks a very good prospect

Am I being dense or does it not say how long the loan is for?

Hopefully it will be of greater value to him than the occasional cameo.

These loans normally are 1 month but get extended, decent move for him, agree that there’s parallels with Shandon going to H&R, hopefully he comes back later in the season and gets a few games here, good luck to the lad

Good luck to him - I thought in the short time he was on the field on Tuesday that he showed great promise.

Understandable. One good performance in the tin pot trophy doesn't mean he is ready to step up for a L1 relegation fight. Could actually do more harm to his progression staying with us.

Understandable. One good performance in the tin pot trophy doesn't mean he is ready to step up for a L1 relegation fight. Could actually do more harm to his progression staying with us.

Agreed. Playing will do him more good rather than sat as a back up who might make the bench if others aren't available.

National League South is a decent level for a 19 year-old to get started. It did wonders for Shandon.

He should play every week and be influential. And if he's really bossing it, then we can work him into the first team squad when he gets back......

For a young lad it’s better to play and get on the ball than go and sit on the bench in conference if he has one bad game, seems a promising player so we need him getting minutes most of all.

Well if he is good enough to get into our squad you would hope that he will shine at that level.
Whatever it should be good experience for him.
He has shown that he could be a player, so good luck to him over the next few weeks.

LCP has been released and is leaving OUFC.

I really thought he had a future with us.

Elechi has gone, too.

The academy is really knocking out the first teamers, isn’t it?

Disappointing although he has had an injury blighted season.
Good luck to him going forwards

LCP has been released and is leaving OUFC.

I really thought he had a future with us.

Elechi has gone, too.

The academy is really knocking out the first teamers, isn’t it?
From Eales and now Tiger the lack of success so far has been disappointing ( although after Kassam it clearly was going to take time)
Golding, Goodrham and GOD are next in line it appears, so let's hope a couple of those prove themselves.

Its going to take time for the investment to bear fruit I guess but it is disappointing that so many prospects cant seem to make that final step into the first team.

There was talk about us being a lot more aggressive with attracting good young kids from our region that were previously being hoovered up by the likes of Southampton and Reading. Hopefully thats starting to happen now.

Just goes to show how difficult it is make a career at this level or even higher when for some it isn't a straight forward trajectory to make our first team as in Matty Taylor. But just to maintain any kind of professional career would be a plus.

Back
Top Bottom