League One survival?

Cobblers 1 -1 Shrews. Two red cards for violent conduct - guess who for Cobblers?

5QUOTE="dabigfella, post: 33165, member: 340"]Results tonight not good so far. If it stays the same it pushes survival point to 52 points. Plus Northampton and Fleetwood are on a role right now.[/QUOTE]
Shrewsbury are level. So as it stands they are 5points behind us and we have two games in hand. Northampton are on a roll? No wins in the last six if it stays like that.
50 points maximum I reckon

Shrewsbury are level. So as it stands they are 5 ints behind us and we have two games in hand. Northampton are on a roll? No wins in the last six if it stays like that.
50 points maximum I reckon

5QUOTE="dabigfella, post: 33165, member: 340"]Results tonight not good so far. If it stays the same it pushes survival point to 52 points. Plus Northampton and Fleetwood are on a role right now.
Shrewsbury are level. So as it stands they are 5points behind us and we have two games in hand. Northampton are on a roll? No wins in the last six if it stays like that.
50 points maximum I reckon[/QUOTE]

With the latest results and using points per game as a guide the safety point is now 49 points. Up and down we go. As many points as we can get over 50 is the best.

Results tonight not good so far. If it stays the same it pushes survival point to 52 points. Plus Northampton and Fleetwood are on a role right now.
Fleetwood's first win for twelve games ....

Well, given that it was unlikely the results would both go our way, a draw for the Cobblers puts them right in the brown stuff (they have played at least one game more than everyone else around them) and Rochdale's run ends. So they are 11 points behind us with one game in hand. Looks like the likely candidates for the drop are Bury, Rochdale, Northampton plus one other. We have a better goal difference than everyone below us (at least +5 and as much as 23!!) and a game in hand on the three directly below us, two of whom we play at home soon. One win would quite possibly put us several places up the table. Add in Saturday's much grittier performance and things aren't looking quite so bleak?

The week we play Southend,Fleetwood,Oldham is our biggest week of the season and we have home advantage. 6 points from those games would surely see us safe?

This could possibly need a record points haul to stay up. Maybe my 51 prediction won't be enough after all ?
I must admit I haven't studied the fixtures yet but I'm still worried, that's for sure20180320_215939.png

I can't see Northampton getting 4 wins, or 3 wins and 3 draws. So 52 points should keep us above them. Bury are as good as gone, and Rochdale are not much better off.

That will mean that MK Dons, Oldham and even Fleetwood and Wimbledon will ALL have to go on a decent run to put us in real danger.

Can see us being safe with 3 or 4 games to spare.

Worth mentioning too that we hold a considerably better goal difference to most below us that's worth another point. It's still concerning but not as worried as this point last week.

In an ideal world,all the teams below us will lose to teams above us and draw with the teams below us.
All we need to to then is get 8 or 9 points .

Don’t know what the fuss is all about.
Easy really ??

Don’t forget our goal difference, that’s worth another point with the teams below us so not only have 5 teams below us have got to get to us, they have actually got to get past us.....
It’s not been a season to remember, however we WILL be in this league next season to re-group and go again.....
We have some cracking away games coming up so let’s go for it, turn up in numbers and upset the title race, we are sure to pull out a surprise or maybe two on our remaining travels coupled with the two home wins that we WILL get to guarantee safety the end of season could be the best time of the campaign.....
Optimistic as always.......

On a slightly different note, how the hell can Morecambe FC survive as a football club, just 893 supporters turned up for their league game with Colchester Utd tonight.......
It finished 0-0 so the stay aways must have known something.......

This could possibly need a record points haul to stay up. Maybe my 51 prediction won't be enough after all ?
I must admit I haven't studied the fixtures yet but I'm still worried, that's for sureView attachment 326
I reckon your 51 point prediction is too high. 50 points and 49 might be enough for us on the basis that our GD is so good.

On the basis that Northampton have 40 points from 38 games (and have not won for 6 games), do you seriously think that they will get 12 points from the last 8 games? Very unlikely.

Even if was 52 (which I doubt very much) we will need 7 points from 10 games. We have 7 points from the past 7 games and 10 from the last 10. Is there any reason (based on the last game) we should do worse than that?

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom