League One survival?

Well, given that it was unlikely the results would both go our way, a draw for the Cobblers puts them right in the brown stuff (they have played at least one game more than everyone else around them) and Rochdale's run ends. So they are 11 points behind us with one game in hand. Looks like the likely candidates for the drop are Bury, Rochdale, Northampton plus one other. We have a better goal difference than everyone below us (at least +5 and as much as 23!!) and a game in hand on the three directly below us, two of whom we play at home soon. One win would quite possibly put us several places up the table. Add in Saturday's much grittier performance and things aren't looking quite so bleak?

The GD is incredible when you consider our record-breaking twatting at the hands of Wigan.

That gives us 2 games in hand on Walsall with them still 1 point behind. They’re in trouble and increasingly likely we’ll be safe

Agree. Half a dozen points and I reckon survival's assured.

Shouldn't have come to this, mind.

Sunday our best chance of a win in next 3 games. Portsmouth haven't won at home in 2018. We haven't won away in 6 weeks. 2 wins from 10 should see us safe.

Must say it's in our hands after today we have 3 games on Northampton who sit in the final relegation spot. It's all In our hands if we can't take advantage of it then we deserve to go down

(For what its worth i believe we are all but mathematically safe. I can't see us dropping)

On a slightly different note, how the hell can Morecambe FC survive as a football club, just 893 supporters turned up for their league game with Colchester Utd tonight.......
It finished 0-0 so the stay aways must have known something.......
Have friends up there who we stay with for the away games. They know one of the directors who told him they lose thousands on every game and he doesn't know how long they can cope. That conversation was just over a year ago.........

Must say it's in our hands after today we have 3 games on Northampton who sit in the final relegation spot. It's all In our hands if we can't take advantage of it then we deserve to go down

(For what its worth i believe we are all but mathematically safe. I can't see us dropping)
Unless I've miscalculated (words are my forte, not numbers) we can't slip a place today. All to play for tomorrow :)

Bury, Northampton and Wimbledon losing, Rochdale and MK Dons drawing.

Can't see it being anywhere near 54 points for survival!

Northampton only have 7 games left. Including Peterborough,Plymouth,Charlton. Can't see them winning more then 2 of there remaining games. I reckon 51 is the magic number.

Fleetwood winning was the worst possible result for us but we have two games in hand on them. COYY!

Back
Top Bottom