League One survival?

The good news (and this is clutching at straws) is that we're still in a position where a 'new manager bump' will see us finish safely lower mid-table. Something like 3 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats will be enough and we still have four teams from the bottom half to come at home.

The problem is are we anywhere close to appointing a new manager? And if we are, do we have any confidence that it will be someone who can get the team organised and motivated (I'd argue that there's definitely comfortably League One talent in the squad if they can)?

The longer it takes, the harder that equation is going to get. And if Tiger gets it wrong, we're doomed.

Kassam,Kinnear and Kemp ?

At the moment it's a bit like after Wilder left and Mickey took over. We knew some sort of takeover was going on but we were in the dark and Waddock comes in as a stop gap. One win in 12 Iseem to remember.
Difference then was we had enough points to stay up
I used to think it was the same but now it all appears very different. When Lewis and then Waddock was in charge, the takeover happened and they immediately installed a manager. After initial teething troubles the rest is history. THIS time however, the takeover happened, they then stumbled around for a while looking for a new manager, almost as an after thought, as though the thought hadn’t occurred to them that a manager was needed any earlier, and now it looks as though Faz is going to have it dumped on him. All very depressing

hmm hopefully MK dons was a bad day at the office for Rotherham
Surprisingly Bury drew with Peterborough, might be hope for us on Saturday and Rochdale also drew thankfully

hmm hopefully MK dons was a bad day at the office for Rotherham
Surprisingly Bury drew with Peterborough, might be hope for us on Saturday and Rochdale also drew thankfully
Eh..? Are you in a different time zone? The games are still going on on my computer ? Rotherham 3-2 now..

Peterborough have only won 25% of away league games this season, with a lot of draws. It’s not a great league this season, our poor team spent a decent part of the season up near where they sit now, so for me it will be very worrying if we can’t be competitive this Saturday, a point shouldn’t be out of the question.

If we look gutless and get turned over then you wonder what a new manager will have to work with from next week, if the prospect of a having new boss in a few days doesn’t motivate them then will the new man/woman/alien/whatever the worlds longest recruitment process have any effect?

"IF we look gutless?" - we ARE gutless as well as clueless. Posh have the new manager "bounce" & we have the rudderless no manager "slump". I see the "WOW announcement" is going to be next week now - that's because Tiger's idea of WOW will be miles away from ours & he fears a noisy reaction at Saturday's game - he should fear because he's going to get a noisy reaction anyway!

What percentage of Home games have we won ? Having seen faz in charge of a team probably the same no of times I’ve seen fat boy Evans, I know which is more likely to sort the tactics out

More than 25%

According to soccerstats Peterboro have won 5 of 17 (29.41%) away and we have won 6 from 17 (35.29%). They have 7 draws.

Ugh. It's a dogshit record when you see it written down.

Not good enough - cant see where the next 3 points are going to come from!
Football is a funny old
The good news (and this is clutching at straws) is that we're still in a position where a 'new manager bump' will see us finish safely lower mid-table. Something like 3 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats will be enough and we still have four teams from the bottom half to come at home.

The problem is are we anywhere close to appointing a new manager? And if we are, do we have any confidence that it will be someone who can get the team organised and motivated (I'd argue that there's definitely comfortably League One talent in the squad if they can)?

The longer it takes, the harder that equation is going to get. And if Tiger gets it wrong, we're doomed.

Hi Tony. I am not sure that I agree that getting three wins will see us to lower mid-table.
Even with a couple of draws that would be 53 points and bottom six for certain.
It all seemed so straightforward when it was five wins from 23 games. Not a problem! But now it is 3 wins from 11 the bum starts to squeak.
As for us having a lot of League 1 players, you might be right but it is an unbalanced squad and it lacks collective guts.
Right now, one would give a lot for a Hylton or a Duberry or three. We have too many players who are not 'at it'

The thing is Charlie it is squeaky bum time for not only the supporters, but the players. They say that you make your own luck and the fact that we have a team low on confidence and a man at the helm unable to inspire would suggest that a bottom six finish is the best we can hope for.

All this bluster from our new owner about still in with a chance of the playoffs and a manager with the WOW factor about to be appointed just makes the club look a joke. I have genuine fears that the club is far from being in safe hands and that relegation will damage the club and put us back years. We have been told by Tiger that you don’t need to spend big to be successful and that other investors will come on board eventually, what that indicates is that he does not have the financial backing he will need. Of course my fears may well be unfounded only time will tell, but so far the actions of Tiger does not fill me full of confidence for the long term future of Oxford United Football Club. I had positive feelings with the Satori deal, the same cannot be said for this one.

I
The thing is Charlie it is squeaky bum time for not only the supporters, but the players. They say that you make your own luck and the fact that we have a team low on confidence and a man at the helm unable to inspire would suggest that a bottom six finish is the best we can hope for.

All this bluster from our new owner about still in with a chance of the playoffs and a manager with the WOW factor about to be appointed just makes the club look a joke. I have genuine fears that the club is far from being in safe hands and that relegation will damage the club and put us back years. We have been told by Tiger that you don’t need to spend big to be successful and that other investors will come on board eventually, what that indicates is that he does not have the financial backing he will need. Of course my fears may well be unfounded only time will tell, but so far the actions of Tiger does not fill me full of confidence for the long term future of Oxford United Football Club. I had positive feelings with the Satori deal, the same cannot be said for this one.
I agree, the footballing world is laughing at us right now! No one has mentioned Man Utd crashing out of Europe, Wenger failing again or Conte getting the boot - everyone is too worried about a little league 1 side without a manager!!

As for the players being nervous, I hope they have more of a backbone than some on here who gave up weeks ago. When things are against you and confidence is low, there is nothing wrong with a bit of positive thinking. Tiger may not truly believe that the playoffs are achievable, but just pointing out how tight this league is and how a decent run would push us right up the table.

Finally, Satori is in the past. I know it's hard but you really do need to get over it now!

I had positive feelings with the Satori deal, the same cannot be said for this one.

Really?

What was desirable about becoming a feeder club for Monaco? Sounds like we dodged a bullet to me!

Of course, we may have been hit since...

Back
Top Bottom