Ex Player Kyle Joseph

Very impressed with Joseph so far - he has really stepped up to become our main striker and it’s easy to forget he’s still only 20.

As well as scoring a couple, he’s been involved in others goals and he really does cover a lot of ground. He has a pleasing level of aggression and physicality too for such a young player. Good that he likes to have a shot too, rather than only looking to pass.

Not sure if it was the low-slung socks, but he gives me Hylton vibes with his energy. Very glad to have him here.
He runs and runs!

Very impressed with Joseph so far - he has really stepped up to become our main striker and it’s easy to forget he’s still only 20.

As well as scoring a couple, he’s been involved in others goals and he really does cover a lot of ground. He has a pleasing level of aggression and physicality too for such a young player. Good that he likes to have a shot too, rather than only looking to pass.

Not sure if it was the low-slung socks, but he gives me Hylton vibes with his energy. Very glad to have him here.

Yes, he’s quality. Rare to have a striker at this level with both his energy and ability.

Haven’t managed to watch much since he joined but even in the highlights he always seems to be causing problems up front

Hope it continues, and I’d definitely be interested in seeing how much Swansea would want for him

• React
Reactions: MJB
He’s good to watch, but every time I see his name I think Keith Joseph. Which is not a good thing.

I’m with you on this. When his shot came off the post and Cameron scored he joined in the celebrations…how he loves the game. Big grin and waving his arms with joy.
We really need to sign him permanently. For me he was the man of the match. Made one goal and scored another. Gave us what we’ve been missing, and I’m sure we would have lost without him in the side.
I still have reservations about Eastwood. One very good save. Nearly let one in late on and should have been better placed to stop them scoring too.
How we need more players back from injury.
I heard Ryan Lowe on TV today making the excuse it is what it is. Now where have I heard that before from a fellow scouser?

Wonder who signed Karl Joseph on loan ? Oh yes I know now the manager ,you know, the one that took some stick from some on a forum , re transfers, the lack of !!!!!!

Wonder who signed Karl Joseph on loan ? Oh yes I know now the manager ,you know, the one that took some stick from some on a forum , re transfers, the lack of !!!!!!
Yes he may have signed a young and upcoming striker but he failed elsewhere

What’s everyone’s favourite colour - black or white?

No grey areas or nuance please - just one extreme or the other on here please.

I favour vibrant salmon pink plus twos, a lavender shirt, a little Tyrolean hat with a skylark feather and Jack Nicklaus (TM) diamond socks tastefully enhancing oxblood brogues. I'm quite the celebrity these days.

I feel he’s still quite raw and doesn’t make the right runs etc which might be down to trying too hard, but there no mistaken that he’s enthusiastic and certainly has the right attitude. Just hope the likes of Matty, and or Robbie Fowler (tongue in cheek) can teach him a thing or two.

• React
Reactions: ljs
He really does. Good to have a player who can run in behind and down the channels as it will cause opposition defenders to sit deeper.
I think this is the really important point. Under KR, we have generally looked great when teams sit off us and allow us to play, but equally have looked unable to respond to teams that press high and pack the midfield. Part of their being able to do so is because, in MT, we haven’t had a striker who was able to stretch a defence, so defensive lines could push up and restrict the space.

The transfer window was obviously overall probably not a success, but I think there was something of a coherent logic in bringing in the likes of Joseph, Murphy and Wildschutt, to add to Browne, to stretch defences and create space for a midfield of Brannagan, MM and Bate to dominate play.

That said, Joseph’s goals have come against Morecambe, Burton and a L2 side that had made a load of changes. With all due respect to those sides, it will be interesting to see how he fares against the division’s better sides.