Matches Ipswich 10k and more!

Me, waking up at 7am and instantly checking this thread for the morning’s first dot count:

giphy.gif

Which is exactly why I started these threads.

November?December we had a number of posts commenting on the (relatively) low numbers of people going to games and the lack of atmosphere. I started a thread to try to encourage a sell out for Sheffield Wednesday and to get support from @OUSP Secretary and the Fanatics group to see how we could improve the match day experience. Throughout the emphasis was on what WE could do for OUR club.

Tomorrow will be the 6th game since these threads started and the 5th 10k+ gate. In addition we have seen the excellent work that the Fanatics have done with the flags, the very noticable increase in the numbers of families attending and the way that we are looking to open the game up more through the links with the womens team against Burton, the drive this weekend for the Level Playing Field campaign for disabled access, the Downs Syndrome team at the Sheffield Wednesday game and the incredible response to losing Joey when we played Cambridge.

It's far too easy to look for reasons to moan rather than looking at what is actually happening at our club.

On the pitch we are playing free flowing attacking forward that gets people out of their seats. Leading goal scorers this season in league one, one of the highest goal scorers in the last 2 years across all 4 leagues, alongside the likes of Liverpool and Man City for home points in 2021 and beyond.

In the stands were are seeing attendance figures not seen for 35 years and that was when we were in the top flight. This season will see more 10k league games than the Kassam has had in the rest of its history, and all without short term gimmicks or loss leading deals.

On a wider level we are seeing the birth of our new stadium, one that will be years ahead of others as far as being environmentally friendly and with the community at the heart of everything we do. We have already seen investment being pumped into the training ground and our youth development and community programmes with far more to come.

And all of that comes off the back of having people at the club who genuinely care about Oxford United and all it stands for. Karl Robinson really gets this club and is finally getting recognised for everything he does. The board are backing Karl and the club, but in a way that is right and proper for the long term benefit of all. Niall McWilliams has been front and centre of everything related to the stadium development for a few years now and deserves as much praise as anyone for getting us to where we are today. And finally, Rosie, Chris Williams, Martin Brodetsky and Liam Potter do fantastic work with the media and commercial teams and are working their socks off for this club. If they haven't the time to update the website every few minutes or send emails that meet your exacting needs, then I for one will let them off!

This is our club and we all play a part in our success. Gripping from the sidelines is easy, but it really serves no purpose and just makes you look petty. Be better than that.

All hail the messiah, I`m just a very naughty boy! :ROFLMAO:

Just a footnote, the CLUB has a far greater marketing reach than this independent forum with a few thousand active members.
They should do better with that, it's their business & their job.

There is nothing wrong with highlighting where things could be done better, hey we could even set up a group to do that, could call it a supporters panel...... 🤷‍♀️

See you later.

These threads should be made Pay to View, with me and the Curragh sharing the royalties!!!

Just under 100 sales since my late night update, most in North and East stands. Less than 100 left in the North Stand, and 200 left in the East, so I'd think those two will be very very close to a sell out. I'm still thinking we'll finish about 10,900 but approximately 650 needed to hit 11,000 (of which we already have 290 in the boxes) so 360 sales needed to get to that landmark.

I'll leave you all in the capable hands of the @Thecurraghofkildare now, while I wend my way through the joys of the south east motorway network!!

PS: Let's hope we have the task of navigating our way through dot counting on the TicketMaster Wembley site in a few weeks time...............

At 11.10am there have been a further 41 sales taking the home total to an estimated 8,983 and the overall figure to an estimated 10,765.

There are now 913 seats left - 464 South Stand Lower, 187 South Stand Upper, 196 East Stand and 66 North Stand.

All hail the messiah, I`m just a very naughty boy! :ROFLMAO:

Just a footnote, the CLUB has a far greater marketing reach than this independent forum with a few thousand active members.
They should do better with that, it's their business & their job.

There is nothing wrong with highlighting where things could be done better, hey we could even set up a group to do that, could call it a supporters panel...... 🤷‍♀️

See you later.
Everyone’s blocked you, you've just become dull

This is just so lovely to wake up to.

235 ticket sales required in the next 3.5 hours . I’m just on the edge of my Pac-Man seat here.

These threads are better than the matchday threads

Everyone’s blocked you, you've just become dull

Obviously not.
I do appreciate in this "new world" everyone has to pat people on the head in a condescending manner saying they have done a "great job" but there are still realists around who ask for better.
Must run, being chauffeured today. :cool:

At 12 noon there had bee a further net 58 sales taking the home total to an estimated 9,041 and the overall figure to an estimated 10,823.

There are now 855 seats left - 450 South Stand Lower, 180 South Stand Upper, 163 East Stand and 62 North Stand.

10 seats were released very late in central block 12 of the South Stand Upper, 4 of which have gone with 6 now left for anyone looking for a last minute prime view!

177 over three hours required. Current sales at approximately 50 an hour with hopefully an uptick from 1230 onwards.

It’s going to the wire on the 11k.

I’ll say this much, and I’ve inferred it for a few days, I think our polka-numerical experts have been a little conservative in their predictions of a max out at 10600-10900.

This is a new era and one we’ve waited on for decades. Spread the word.

Last edited:
At 12 noon there had bee a further net 58 sales taking the home total to an estimated 9,041 and the overall figure to an estimated 10,823.

There are now 855 seats left - 450 South Stand Lower, 180 South Stand Upper, 163 East Stand and 62 North Stand.

10 seats were released very late in central block 12 of the South Stand Upper, 4 of which have gone with 6 now left for anyone looking for a last minute prime view!
It's going to be close...

Back
Top Bottom