Matches Ipswich 10k and more!

Scotchegg

So far this calendar year we've had 4 10k crowds and even including yesterday and Cheltenham at New Year, we're averaging over 9400 over these 6 games. With Ipswich, Sunderland, MK and Doncaster to go, we could be close to selling out for these. So attendance is not so much of an issue (but please keep up the dot work @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare )

But maybe we can look at the wider matchday experience? With covid regulations dropping and (hopefully) warmer weather to come, is now the time to revisit fanzones? Can we do a meet and greet and shirt signing with squad players similar to the ladies team yesterday? What more can we do for families to keep the kids occupied? Do we need to order more merchandise to meet growing demands? Can we put events on after the game to stagger those leaving the car parks? Better still, is there anything we can do to manage parking differently? If we put on football special coaches from Bicester, Abingdon etc would there be much take up?

I think that we're in a fantastic position on and off the pitch, but can do so much more. @OUSP Secretary can you help take any suggestions on here through to the club and see what we can do collectively to make things even better?

So far this calendar year we've had 4 10k crowds and even including yesterday and Cheltenham at New Year, we're averaging over 9400 over these 6 games. With Ipswich, Sunderland, MK and Doncaster to go, we could be close to selling out for these. So attendance is not so much of an issue (but please keep up the dot work @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare )

But maybe we can look at the wider matchday experience? With covid regulations dropping and (hopefully) warmer weather to come, is now the time to revisit fanzones? Can we do a meet and greet and shirt signing with squad players similar to the ladies team yesterday? What more can we do for families to keep the kids occupied? Do we need to order more merchandise to meet growing demands? Can we put events on after the game to stagger those leaving the car parks? Better still, is there anything we can do to manage parking differently? If we put on football special coaches from Bicester, Abingdon etc would there be much take up?

I think that we're in a fantastic position on and off the pitch, but can do so much more. @OUSP Secretary can you help take any suggestions on here through to the club and see what we can do collectively to make things even better?
Agree that the club should do everything possible to make the experience as good as possible.
With one eye on ST sales for next year as well.
With a full up away allocation, what about 11k crowds as well?

One suggestion bring back olly the ox .kids of a certain age will enjoy that get pictures with squad players get pictures with olly get the players in the pitch to sign shirts for people in the crowd (whilst warning up )

maybe inform stewards/ matchday ambassadors to politely but firmly inform those 'invited' along on block bookings, that ST holders and FULL price paying 'customers' / regular supporters have paid to watch a game of football ... youngsters with so called responsible adults , shuttling too and from the toilets , and 'tuck shop' as it was referred to yesterday through out both the first and second half - blocking the view of full paying supporters and ST holders constantly and continually, is not the done the thing..... Im all for bringing potential new supporters to games on various initiatives, but here's a thought , perhaps place them in the last ( generally EMPTY) block of SSL, closest to the fence, where the collective up n down like a fiddlers elbow throughout, is unlikely to disrupt ST holders and FULL PRICE ticket holders from actually seeing what they have paid for

My dad , 87 yo, who isn't the most sprightly, sits at the end of a row in SSL, he was almost knocked over, twice ( and almost missed seeing one of our goals being scored too !!! ) due to having to keep getting up and down to accommodate youngsters and adults there on a block booking, who evidently have little/ no interest in the game, and obviously no consideration for others, ( who have paid full whack or have a ST) who happen to be unluckily sat in the vicinity

Last edited:
@Sarge I get your point, but placing new fans in the last empty block doesn't exactly make people feel welcome. It's always a case of a little give and take, and maybe we all need to adapt a little. As for the parking issue, yesterday appears to have been worse than normal so maybe something went wrong. However, it's always going to be problematic in getting a few thousand cars out of a badly designed car park all at the same time.

Last edited:
One thing, try to make this a positive thread? No one's saying that things are perfect, but we can look to see how we can make things better without it being negative!!

*waiting for the "who are you to tell me what to post" gang!!!

One thing, try to make this a positive thread? No one's saying that things are perfect, but we can look to see how we can make things better without it being negative!!

........ positive suggestion above...... to an increasingly annoying situation in SSL, which, so my sister told me earlier*, was the worst it has been yesterday

* the seat I usually get, and the one next to it- when my granddaughter comes with me ( to sit alongside my dad sister n nephew )- Ive had no issues for the 4x 10k previous games, nor ANY previous match (inc West Ham and Citehx2), in buying tickets there, but for yesterdays game those 2 seats had already gone in a 'block booking' - having a database showing what seats are usually sold, seems not to have been considered???- so me and my grand daughter sat in the East Stand. .... which my granddaughter thoroughly enjoyed

Recognise that some people may wish/need to travel east from a roundabout on a public road?

I would have thought the TM company only have "authority" on private property.

So blocking off a roundabout exit with no reasoning/explanation is going to raise a few hackles.

Recognise that some people may wish/need to travel east from a roundabout on a public road?

So blocking off a roundabout exit with no reasoning/explanation is going to raise a few hackles.

The keep things positive vibe is going to be tricky for you!

They must have sought permission to do that so the highways have to take some responsibility for that.
I post what I want and when I want.

I recalled from the January minutes of the OUSP meeting that the Fanzone was an item. Sadly, it did not happen for the date mentioned (lot of things have happened in between then and Saturday!) Hopefully this is just a minor delay and plans will be reinstated for the next home games.

1646585586008.png

I recalled from the January minutes of the OUSP meeting that the Fanzone was an item. Sadly, it did not happen for the date mentioned (lot of things have happened in between then and Saturday!) Hopefully this is just a minor delay and plans will be reinstated for the next home games.

View attachment 8387
Really not sure why this is do difficult?

In my negative opinion if we can't sell out the last 4 homes games and let's face it there not just boring Burton games then we won't sell out many games in the future these next four home games could be massive

A fanzone won’t be happening thanks to the stadium owner.
It was all planned and agreed for then a certain someone wanting to charge a ridiculous amount of money!
The same reason there will never be a temporary stand put up, even if we win promotion!

Back
Top Bottom