Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.25 - Ipswich away

Ferguson and Williams appear to be very naive regarding footballing/managerial matters. If, as has been suggested, they read Y F, perhaps they should limit their reading to your posts.

Ferguson and Williams appear to be very naive regarding footballing/managerial matters. If, as has been suggested, they read Y F, perhaps they should limit their reading to your posts.

You’d be correct. The reality is Tim should be working alongside a Sporting Director / Director Of Football.

Think there will be news on this soon.

You’d be correct. The reality is Tim should be working alongside a Sporting Director / Director Of Football.

Think there will be news on this soon.
There’s been several recent quotes from TW recently about important staff recruitment in the new year that hasn’t really been picked up on on here. His most recent quote about being ‘Championship Ready’ could also allude to it. I did wonder if a DoF was being considered.

Having said that, I did here a rumour over Christmas about KR being ‘moved up’ to DoF with Mous being announced as first team coach but dismissed it as pub talk from people over endulging over the festive period… 😁

The fact that Ipswich have a far better CEO than we do when it comes to understanding football is imo overlooked.

The fact that Ipswich have a far better CEO than we do when it comes to understanding football is imo overlooked.
Probably a different structure altogether. Our CEO is a money man who, as he admits himself, isn’t comfortable stepping into football related territory and leaves that side of things to KR.

All the focus is on the new ground they’ve put this season on the back burner, they’ll have to be changes through out the club if we’re to realise the ambition of being a top thirty club.

Probably a different structure altogether. Our CEO is a money man who, as he admits himself, isn’t comfortable stepping into football related territory and leaves that side of things to KR.

My concern is that without KR being managed affectively from above he will continue to surround himself with those who don’t challenge him, people who say yes gaffer rather than no.

There’s been several recent quotes from TW recently about important staff recruitment in the new year that hasn’t really been picked up on on here. His most recent quote about being ‘Championship Ready’ could also allude to it. I did wonder if a DoF was being considered.

Having said that, I did here a rumour over Christmas about KR being ‘moved up’ to DoF with Mous being announced as first team coach but dismissed it as pub talk from people over endulging over the festive period… 😁
Mous would love to move to that role
Not so sure about reporting to KR though but it's not the worst idea

Sorry, but KR as a director of football is a *terrible* idea. I am struggling to think which qualities he has that would suit him for that role. He has little experience of football at a higher level, he seems to operate on emotion rather than clear eyed pragmatism, his recruitment strategy is all over the place, he seems to fall out with people at the drop of a hat if they disagree with him or upset him, he can't admit when he has made a mistake (it will all be the manager's fault when something goes wrong) and personally I cannot see him being able to restrain himself from meddling. So what we will end up with is a puppet manager and KR being less accountable and more secure.

Sorry, but KR as a director of football is a *terrible* idea. I am struggling to think which qualities he has that would suit him for that role. He has little experience of football at a higher level, he seems to operate on emotion rather than clear eyed pragmatism, his recruitment strategy is all over the place, he seems to fall out with people at the drop of a hat if they disagree with him or upset him, he can't admit when he has made a mistake (it will all be the manager's fault when something goes wrong) and personally I cannot see him being able to restrain himself from meddling. So what we will end up with is a puppet manager and KR being less accountable and more secure.

Agree. KR is totally ill suited to a DoF type role.

I did wonder what the stewards and police were playing at. Intermittently patrolling up and down the stand, possibly looking for a large bottle of coca cola with a lid on it.

Back
Top Bottom