Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

The problem with local councillors is that they are usually normal people with normal jobs who want to serve their local communities and they should be commended for that. When serious international business people get involved and bring to them a multi-million pound deal they often don't understand it and are intimidated by it so they rejected it or refer it to someone else to make the decision.

Expect a few proposals for a new ground to be rejected and appealed before it goes to a higher approving authority who do understand and aren't intimidated by the scale of the project, those involved and the cost of it.
I’ve been saying that since the announcement of a potential takeover and a new stadium, unfortunately some people seem to think it’s a foregone conclusion, some think new owners new planning rules and ok crack on and build. Not that easy the opposition from locals the local authority all these factors would be taken into account and would not to ably be refused and as you said appeals from both sides of the proposal gets the ok after the first appeal.

Plans can't have been refused if they've not been formally published

Plans can't have been submitted by us, Sounds to me like it was more of wether Cherwell district council were going to build it for us and lease it to us. Bit like Oxford city council and the training ground. They can't refuse planning before an application has been submitted on the public domain but they can refuse if its their budget being used.

This isn't the end of the matter.

The post is too brief and too vague to mean anything. The fact that it's 'Kassam' and not the club named directly, the fact that it's 'too expensive' despite our stadium being a private investment, and the fact that it's 'transferring back to Oxford Council' instead of someone just saying plainly and officially 'An application from Oxford United to build a new stadium on the Stratfield Brake site has been rejected'. Too many people are trying to be clever by coming to their own conclusions based on a slither of evidence.

But its a viiilllaaaaage doncherknow.
oaQDoxMM7K75Ahe3V5Z8HPQaMaKjknz9BJKb5i0z5Ev6YFVAbR3W4H3UlsruqmecS2CPeamjxBodK3_sfT4UsUAmgdcxBLVSvyl12a3MuUbRiL1JGclToJBCaChaBA

Yeah, sorry my mistake. Quaint isn't it. Surprised it hasn't been on Morse... 😁

Back
Top Bottom