iFollow for 2020-21Season

Indeed. Since moving to Derby, I've become very familiar with their RamsTV. Good quality across the board and they actually managed to get the BBC Derby equivalent of Jerome Sale to come across and be the lead presenter.
They have 2 or 3 studio guests for the majority of games and at home, the pre-match/half-time analysis is played via the big screen in the stadium.
Yep, they do a great job of it. Leeds do something similar I believe (although they’re obviously a PL side now), but it’s very expensive. You need a legion of fans, particularly overseas, to stand a chance of facilitating it. What iFollow do well (and always did even when they were FLi) is simply providing a model for clubs to plug in to. Economically and financially, big win for most clubs. Unfortunately the trouble with companies that have a monopoly is that they are inevitably less than useless when it comes to things like customer service and quality of product. You’re stuck with them and they know it, and very much act the part.

As a season ticket holder who has never once used ifollow I'm quite excited about the adventures ahead of me.

Being a distant exile, I’ll gratefully accept whatever scraps of blurred, low res video, hanging before every shot on goal, and out of synch with the commentary, and pay through the nose for these scraps. :)
But it shouldn't be that way. We live in a digital age with endless possibilities. At the very least the service from iFollow should be up to the task.

So to add another view - I thought last season that iFollow was absolutely outstanding.

The previous year, I'd had problems with it hanging, or the picture breaking up. To begin the season, there was no commentary. And then when they added RadOx, it was with a delay that made it almost impossible to watch/listen.

But 2019-20? Watched most of the games, and never had a single problem. Good quality picture, never dropped, and the RadOx commentary was beautifully synched so I could enjoy all Nick Harris' bumblings in time with the action, rather than five seconds before.

For an exile, iFollow is basically the greatest invention in the history of the universe.

My only worry is whether the service can cope with the increased traffic now that you lot are going to be watching it as well........

So to add another view - I thought last season that iFollow was absolutely outstanding.

The previous year, I'd had problems with it hanging, or the picture breaking up. To begin the season, there was no commentary. And then when they added RadOx, it was with a delay that made it almost impossible to watch/listen.

But 2020-21? Watched most of the games, and never had a single problem. Good quality picture, never dropped, and the RadOx commentary was beautifully synched so I could enjoy all Nick Harris' bumblings in time with the action, rather than five seconds before.

For an exile, iFollow is basically the greatest invention in the history of the universe.

My only worry is whether the service can cope with the increased traffic now that you lot are going to be watching it as well........

Are... are you posting this from the future?

Are... are you posting this from the future?

Ahem.....
Don't want to spoil it for anyone.....want you to all be surprised when Rob Dickie signs a new five-year deal and leads us to the title by 20 points!

[OK, I've edited my post......]

the bonus of having radox on the same stream as the vision was a big plus. I still have problems with the quality of vision and buffering which I am pretty sure is nothing to do with the bandwidth into my house, so must be something about how or where clients in Perth are served from.*
I’m pleased that the advent of Ifollow has matched our March up the leagues. It would have been really depressing to see more of games while falling out of the league.
* edit - in case it helps anyone, changing the resolution setting away from “auto” and into something moderate can really help with “buffering” issues.

But 2019-20? Watched most of the games, and never had a single problem. Good quality picture, never dropped, and the RadOx commentary was beautifully synched so I could enjoy all Nick Harris' bumblings in time with the action, rather than five seconds before.

I would second this and go one further - I've literally never had any problem with iFollow. Always been a decent picture with synced up audio. Seems I'm in a minority of one which I surely can't be!

I think all clubs who use iFollow are very nervous about its ability to cope with demand for all fixtures that remain behind closed doors. There will be a HUGE increase in demand and I highly doubt it was ever built with this type of possible demand in mind.

I have just been informed by Ifollow support that they have shut down the sign in page for essential upgrading work.
I suspect that they are having to do a *lot* of upgrading if a large proportion of the supporters of all the EFL teams who are signed up to iFollow are going to be using it simultaneously on a Saturday afternoon! And it's not just one stream, there will be thirty or so of them at the same time (more if they do any Conference stuff as well).

I suspect that they are having to do a *lot* of upgrading if a large proportion of the supporters of all the EFL teams who are signed up to iFollow are going to be using it simultaneously on a Saturday afternoon! And it's not just one stream, there will be thirty or so of them at the same time (more if they do any Conference stuff as well).
Let's hope they've read and learned from this: https://www.afr.com/companies/sport...sson-for-sports-broadcasters-20180621-h11nmd#

Like tonyw I also thought that iFollow was conciderably better than the previous years and agree with his comments. I hardly had a problem all season. I must say that internet speeds in the Netherlands are tremendous too.
I just hope they can cope with the increased demand this season.

The article seems to suggest revenue will be shared between clubs. I wonder how the EFL will work that one out!

Back
Top Bottom