Matches How Would You Turn Us Around

Totally disagree. Sure he hasn't got the goals like at the start of the season, but he's still one of the top 3 best performers on the pitch for us, over the last few weeks. The biggest problem has been down the right-hand side, most specifically RB and RCB, especially without Moore there.
Agree.

Is this man still available for the job? I like the sound of winning every game 4 or 5 nil, my sort of manager.

Hmm. Well I don't want you to be the statistical analysis bloke. I only make it 3-0.

I'd take that though.

Hmm. Well I don't want you to be the statistical analysis bloke. I only make it 3-0.

I'd take that though.

If we are just going to stop at 3-0 in the second half then I don’t want him, far too negative.

Well yeah, clearly we need to be more like Charlton and Carlisle.
A well thought out response.
That must have taken you a while.
Actually it's a poor ridiculous response to a decent part of the debate.
4-4-2 or a tweak to it at our level is perfectly reasonable. It's a system that is clear and all the players know their roles.

A well thought out response.
That must have taken you a while.
Actually it's a poor ridiculous response to a decent part of the debate.
4-4-2 or a tweak to it at our level is perfectly reasonable. It's a system that is clear and all the players know their roles.

Why would players know their roles any more clearly in the largely obsolete 4-4-2?

Why would players know their roles any more clearly in the largely obsolete 4-4-2?
The original poster said nobody plays two up front anymore. I was giving examples of teams that do with systems that do that.
In your response why didn't you pick out Barnsley, Blackpool or Bolton who are all doing well with two up top instead of Charlton and Carlisle?
As for 4-4-2 specifically. I was chatting to three of our players a couple of years back who all said they liked that system. I don't think that's the one and only way to play of course but I do like two up front. I think Goodwin would compliment Harris immensely tbh.

I would sit the lads down, look them in their eyes and tell them the following:

You've got to hold and give. But do it at the right time.

You can be slow or fast. But you must get to the line.

They'll always hit you and hurt you. Defend and attack.

There's only one way to beat them. Get 'round the back.
Excellent, that would work better than anything Buckingham has been coaching.

Get Shorty to start a chant in the dressing room 10 minutes before we are due to go out....building up into a crescendo..
" Get into them F*** the ball "

First and foremost, we need to fix the midfield. First couple of months, we were dominant in the centre of the pitch. Now we lose the battle every frickin' game to the point where we pick up no possession in there, can't stop any opposition from walking through us and can't pass our way through it at all - so have to resort to lumping it forward to a set of forwards that are (Goodwin excepted) not strong in the air.

McGuane & RR - both so good in August/September - are both now so woefully out of form that they need to take a seat for a while.

Everything I heard about Jay Matete before he arrived was that he was an all-energy type of player; bit of a psycho who's second touch was often a tackle, but someone who would get you moving forwards. We haven't seen that player at all. We've seen someone who's barely getting out of the defensive third, barely making a tackle and struggling to play a simple 10 yard pass.
Either Plymouth and Sunderland fans are all wrong, or he's just being asked to do completely the wrong things. We need to unshackle him, and send him out there fired up to get ****ing stuck in. If he doesn't get booked, he's not trying hard enough. It may not work, he may be too tentative coming back from injury, but we've got to at least try to get him playing to his strengths and get some real physical presence in the centre alongside Cam. It's what we were begging for in January.....now we've got it, but we're using it wrong.

Then I'd be inclined to play Bodin at the #10. He's erratic, but so good at finding pockets of space that defenders at this level have trouble with him even though he lacks pace. So stick him in there in front of Matete and Cam, and try and actually build a proper midfield presence. And if he can't go, try Tyler in there instead. Do that, and we won't be desperately relying on 50 yard cross-field balls to Greg Leigh every time to actually get us going forwards.

Take the hand brake off. It’s like we are still
Conserving energy as we have no one on the bench but now we do !!

There's only a select few who can turn the team around.
That's down to Buckingham and the coaching staff.
There's enough decent players in the squad to finish in the top six of a pretty weak league 1.
There needs to be a collective discussion between the coaching staff on the best way forward.
Best starting eleven, formation, set up, how do we defend as a team, how do we attack as a team, dead ball defending and delivery, high press, low block.
It amazes me as fans that we can see what is fundamentally wrong but the Head coach and his staff can't see it after 19 games.
That in itself is worrying and perhaps that's leading to the hard fact that they aren't competent in what they're trying to achieve.
If there aren't changes to the starting eleven, set up and tactics on Saturday, then that for me confirms Buckingham hasn't learnt from his mistakes or hasn't got the balls for the job.
I guess time will tell, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Teach Des to not stand in the technical area with his arms tightly folded. It looks nervy.

I would play this against teams we should be dominating possession against and aim to move the ball quickly and in front of players which is why Goodrham, Rodrigues and Bodin are all benched, they want the ball to feet too much and slow us down in my view and with how we're playing at the moment, that isn't helping us in my opinion.

View attachment 17994

For teams where we are likely to have less possession against, I'd go with similar to how we play now, but look to dominate the midfield and break with pace through the wings on the counter.

View attachment 17995

But what the f**k do I know :ROFLMAO: my management experience consists of a couple of season in the Witney and District league.
You sound pretty credible to me

Being back Sonny Perkins. It’s the last thing anyone would expect us to do.

Back
Top Bottom