National News Govt lose in Court again

ZeroTheHero

Even when/if they are released, they will under constant supervision. They won't just be allowed to wander off and do what they want.

You can't sanction executions. History (and recent history at that) has shown us that even cases where the evidence *seems* overwhelming can be found to be very different when examined closely. The pressure on police and security services to 'get a result' has resulted in some very dodgy convictions.

bazzer9461

So they go into a dark hole for up to 40 years. I suspect they'd end up in one of the special units in Belmarsh or such like if found tried in this country. I think I'd rather be dead quickly than spend 25 years+ in prison.
But if they’re guilty then they must be punished it just depends which country tries them as punishments differ

Marked Ox

But if they’re guilty then they must be punished it just depends which country tries them as punishments differ
You think 25 years-40 years* in prison (probably in a restrictive unit in the prison) isn't a punishment?

*As a guess and that also assumes they will be released which isn't a given.

bazzer9461

You think 25 years-40 years* in prison (probably in a restrictive unit in the prison) isn't a punishment?

*As a guess and that also assumes they will be released which isn't a given.
Life in these sort of cases if proven should mean life and a full life sentence if they’re tried nd found guilty in this country

Essexyellows

Even when/if they are released, they will under constant supervision. They won't just be allowed to wander off and do what they want.

You can't sanction executions. History (and recent history at that) has shown us that even cases where the evidence *seems* overwhelming can be found to be very different when examined closely. The pressure on police and security services to 'get a result' has resulted in some very dodgy convictions.
I give you the two most recent "lone wolf" attacks in London.

It doesn`t work.

Someone find me a recent "unsafe" terrorist conviction that isn`t from 1970 as the technology and evidence of guilt has moved on a fair bit since then.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D In the news 26