Good luck England!

But he was born in England, my parents are Scots but I am English as I was born in England.

Anyhow we have been over this lots of times.

More importantly do you think there will be any changes or just stick to the same side?

He'll stick to the same team. Hopefully Kane doesn't drop so deep in this game and Alli kicks on and gains confidence from the goal in the last game.

Yup

Cakir from Turkey the man in the middle. The guy who sent off Nani and John Terry in CL games a while back. Bit of a disciplinarian so I can see a scrappy game (or at least a scrappy start).

He's English!
Just for you big man:

1) Sir Harry Kane. Paternal grandparents are Irish. Kane clan originate from Ireland.
2) Harry Macguire. Attending a Jesuit Catholic Primary and Secondary School in Chesterfield. Macguire clan originate from the Irish republic. A good Catholic boy, with Irish roots.
3) Keiran Tripper - Keiran is a Gaelic name. Irish blood, me thinks
4) Dele Alli - father is Nigerian, Mother English. Grew up in US. 100% Irish, as Nigeria play in green and the US has huge US diaspora, so must be plastic paddy? (NO. Thats my attempt at humour!)

See, big fella, even, if we didnt qualify, we are helping you win your first WC since 1966. In fact Booby Moore, has Irish blood, as Moore's originate from Ireland.

I wish you chaps all the luck of the Irish on Weds. I feel they will be exhausted after 2nd extra time game in a row. I confident you will get through to Sunday, where I am worried about a hammering vs. France. Now thats going to hurt.

Just for you big man:

1) Sir Harry Kane. Paternal grandparents are Irish. Kane clan originate from Ireland.
2) Harry Macguire. Attending a Jesuit Catholic Primary and Secondary School in Chesterfield. Macguire clan originate from the Irish republic. A good Catholic boy, with Irish roots.
4) Dele Alli - father is Nigerian, Mother English. Grew up in US. 100% Irish, as Nigeria play in green and the US has huge US diaspora, so must be plastic paddy? (NO. Thats my attempt at humour!)

See, big fella, even, if we didnt qualify, we are helping you win your first WC since 1966. In fact Booby Moore, has Irish blood, as Moore's originate from Ireland.

Yeah, it's not quite the reverse of the Irish team from the early 90s, is it?

You remember - the one that was the most successful in Irish history, with an English manager (Charlton), an English captain (Townsend), an Englishman anchoring the defense (McGrath) and two Englishmen up front (Aldridge, Cascarino)........fair play, the star midfielder (Houghton) wasn't English. He was Scottish.

Just for you big man:

Because somebody has the name Keiran, the claim they have Irish blood is tenuous at best. I've known a few Keiran's (and other ways it is spelt) and they don't have any Irish blood, just that the parents liked the name.

Also, who is Harry Macquire? There is nobody of that name in the England squad.

Just for you big man:

Still English, play for England and I could not care less whether their great great grandad once visited Dublin or something as long as they are proud to represent THEIR country.

Missed first goal by 2 minutes after rushing back from work. And that's leaving 2 hours early!

We're looking surprisingly nervous in front of goal! Lingard, Sterling and Kane could have all scored if they'd put their foot through it!

We are being ridiculously loose. Can't believe how complacent this whole team is being right now.

Southgate has looked a little lost in this half. Croatia must love the space they are getting on their right and we're doing nothing about it. I cannot believe the manager is letting Modric have so much time on the ball and relying on Alli to saunter over at his own speed

This ref is a complete idiot. More about him waving his arms around and less about the on field stuff

Kane has had little support since Sterling went off. Alli has been terrible and Rashford has struggled to get in the right post code

Back
Top Bottom