Good luck England!

And Croatia have worked harder and shown desire all game. England went passive after 30 mins

Well, we didn't deserve it today. So not that disappointing to lose. It was like watching the waning hours of Pep Clotet's rein

Kane has been largely absent from the last two games. Really disappointing from him.

Yes, the better, more energetic team won tonight. But the English lads exceeded expectations so well done.

Now onto the proper football....
I am happy for the players, but they went missing once the equaliser went in. A big learning experience for the manager - Southgate went too passive too quickly and I thought the players looked a little lost as a consequence.

Croatia worked their nuts off and played smarter for longer periods than England. No complaints from me. It's a shame to waste such a good opportunity

Not that disappointing to lose? A WC semi final????? Ffs
Maybe I am being too honest. Croatia played us off the park for the majority of the game and showed considerable desire where we did not. They chased and harried, we had Alli drifting around. There was no smash and grab or anything like that - the keeper saved us from losing 3 or 4-1. Our threat disappeared with Raheem Sterling and we regressed to over playing or hoofing at the wrong time. It has been a good campaign, but the first good team we played in a meaningful game, our frailties got exposed.

I am glad we didn't go out pens!

But... Pickford had an absolutely wonderful tournament and justified leaving Joe Hart to play cricket for Shrewsbury. Lingard looks a player. Sterling grew into the tournament. Southgate will learn from this.

That team achieved more than the so called golden generation ever could. Not bad for players who largely didn't come through the much vaunted academy system or were willing to slum it lower down to get their careers going.

Maybe I am being too honest. Croatia played us off the park for the majority of the game and showed considerable desire where we did not. They chased and harried, we had Alli drifting around. There was no smash and grab or anything like that - the keeper saved us from losing 3 or 4-1. Our threat disappeared with Raheem Sterling and we regressed to over playing or hoofing at the wrong time. It has been a good campaign, but the first good team we played in a meaningful game, our frailties got exposed.

I am glad we didn't go out pens!

But... Pickford had an absolutely wonderful tournament and justified leaving Joe Hart to play cricket for Shrewsbury. Lingard looks a player. Sterling grew into the tournament. Southgate will learn from this.
B*****s.in the first half we were the better team. We missed chances that should have won the game.
Second half they were the better team.

B*****s.in the first half we were the better team. We missed chances that should have won the game.
Second half they were the better team.
Not really. We had a good spell to 30 mins, but once they started to stress the left side, we got lost. 2 goals was never going to be enough. We had to be 3 or 4 up to not come out on the wrong end. I am very proud of the players and management for getting there.

England exceeded my expectations before the tournament, however as the tournament progressed it was opening up for us to go very deep. It’s just a shame that they’ve got so close yet so far. The players can take a lot from the experience, and I’m sure it will stand them in good stead.

Trippier MaGuire and Kane along with Pickford were the standouts for me.

Anyway we can leave this thread now, and focus on the real stuff.

England exceeded my expectations before the tournament, however as the tournament progressed it was opening up for us to go very deep. It’s just a shame that they’ve got so close yet so far. The players can take a lot from the experience, and I’m sure it will stand them in good stead.

Trippier MaGuire and Kane along with Pickford were the standouts for me.

Anyway we can leave this thread now, and focus on the real stuff.
The 3rs place play off game? ?

Back
Top Bottom