Votes: 2 2.4%
  • James Henry vs Rochdale

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Brandon Barker vs Crewe

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
I wouldn't say it's by any standard the 'best' goal of the season, but Shodipo's v Rochdale in the last minute is probably the most memorable for me. Watching it live, there was that moment, as it was flying through the air, that you get very, very rarely in football, when time just seems to stand completely still. Similar to Roofe's second v Swansea, when the ball looped up. Can't really put my finger on it but I always find those moments really special.

I wouldn't say it's by any standard the 'best' goal of the season, but Shodipo's v Rochdale in the last minute is probably the most memorable for me. Watching it live, there was that moment, as it was flying through the air, that you get very, very rarely in football, when time just seems to stand completely still. Similar to Roofe's second v Swansea, when the ball looped up. Can't really put my finger on it but I always find those moments really special.
Add Steve Biggins v Man Utd to that list, that seemed to loop for an eternity before going in.

On Henry's, how is the keeper supposed to save it when it has hit the net before the keeper has had a chance to even reacted?

I'd say a combination of using his other hand and diving upwards more. From 53 seconds on this video:

I'm not taking anything away from Henry, he's given it a good old bit of welly (an underrated tactic for shooting) but if I was a League 1 goalkeeper I'd be disappointed to concede that I think.

I'd say a combination of using his other hand and diving upwards more. From 53 seconds on this video:

I'm not taking anything away from Henry, he's given it a good old bit of welly (an underrated tactic for shooting) but if I was a League 1 goalkeeper I'd be disappointed to concede that I think.

That is deceptive as the ball is already way past when he raises his hand.

I decided on Brandon Barker in the end, for the individual skill factor.

3rd Place: LONG - Lovely turn, great burst of pace and a great run, nice pass out wide, clever run for the return pass, a lovely ball in from Clare, and a great finish from Sam!

2nd Place: BARKER - Great tackle, amazing solo run, and superb finish. If that was Ronaldo, Messi or Bale, they'd still be showing it on Sky Sports even now!

Winner: TAYLOR - The ball from Henry, the chest control, and shot from Taylor, all absolutely sublime! Imagine the celebrations if there were fans behind that goal!

3rd Place: LONG - Lovely turn, great burst of pace and a great run, nice pass out wide, clever run for the return pass, a lovely ball in from Clare, and a great finish from Sam!

2nd Place: BARKER - Great tackle, amazing solo run, and superb finish. If that was Ronaldo, Messi or Bale, they'd still be showing it on Sky Sports even now!

Winner: TAYLOR - The ball from Henry, the chest control, and shot from Taylor, all absolutely sublime! Imagine the celebrations if there were fans behind that goal!
This.
In reverse.

1min25. Can't believe its not on the shortlist as well.
I wonder if it was because it wasn't a pure strike, I think it takes a deflection? But then I think the one against Crewe does as well? I don't know 😜

Longs goal, the build up, the communication between the players, he knew what he wanted to do.
I wouldn't argue with the other goals though, all of them are worthy.

Never did get this goal of the season thing before the season is over. Same as man of the match with a few minutes to go. :)

Being boringly serious for a moment, they had a cracker last week.
Oh really? I imagine a lot of headers bundled in from close range. Well, not exactly a lot ....However they are winning at Boro and may go down only on goal difference, which is a lot better than we expected. Can they keep hold of Ainsworth?

Back
Top Bottom