General Goal of the Season

ttg17

What do we reckon?

Baptiste v Lincoln on Boxing Day for me. Has it all - quick feet and strength to beat the man, in off the crossbar from range (the best long range goals are always off the woodwork) and an important goal in the context of the season. Was sitting right behind it in the East Stand too, so had that lovely 'as the player sees it' view of it cannoning off the bar.

For skillfully taking the p1ss, Baptiste home to West Ham. For significance, Ruffels at Shrewsbury. For the sheer euphoria, Holland V Newcastle.

My choice for goal.

Honourable mention for his goal at home in the FA Cup against Hartlepool too. He could have a top three for this season alone.

Last edited:
What do we reckon?

Baptiste v Lincoln on Boxing Day for me. Has it all - quick feet and strength to beat the man, in off the crossbar from range (the best long range goals are always off the woodwork) and an important goal in the context of the season. Was sitting right behind it in the East Stand too, so had that lovely 'as the player sees it' view of it cannoning off the bar.

All of those clips in which Oxford are attacking include Chris Cadden in some way. He was such a massive part of our game, was one of our main outlets down that right hand side. If Sean Clare can be as good we will be a much more effective team than without.

I’m going to be a bit controversial here and go for Mackie against Bradford in that weird, weird game.

Matty Taylor's goal at Pompey was fantastic, last minute of game, great cross and header. We were under loads of pressure throughout the match and showed real quality to grab a draw

Peter Leven v Port Vale

Dan Agyei scored a cracker at Shrewsbury.

Back
Top Bottom