Full strength or free hit?

Should wet play a full strength side?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a feeling that KR plays a good game of poker. Just like ‘Henry will def not play on Saturday’ and did, we’ll play a decently strong side without risking any players unnecessarily.

On another note, are there any yellows actually making the trip up to Wigan, we have 3 away games left for the season and 3 awful games in terms of distance from Oxford with an approx 1,100 mile round trip for the Wigan, Doncaster and Blackburn matches alone, a massive respect to any yellows making any of these trips.
The Lincoln Yellows will be present at Doncaster and Blackburn however a decision to visit Wigan will be taken at 2.00pm tomorrow.....

I don't think KR is going to play a weak side, I think he going to play a very defensive one, to go for a draw or a sneaky win.

On another note, are there any yellows actually making the trip up to Wigan, we have 3 away games left for the season and 3 awful games in terms of distance from Oxford with an approx 1,100 mile round trip for the Wigan, Doncaster and Blackburn matches alone, a massive respect to any yellows making any of these trips.
The Lincoln Yellows will be present at Doncaster and Blackburn however a decision to visit Wigan will be taken at 2.00pm tomorrow.....

I’m sure we will see you in the away ahead later tonight.

Questions to people that think fielding a weakened side is acceptable.

Do you think it’s acceptable for fans to travel along way during midweek in horrendous traffic, only to find out the team news isn’t what they thought it would be.

And do you think it’s acceptable to go to the best team in the league playing a weakened side, and risk getting thrashed again. Which would severely harm our goal difference.

I know what I’d prefer.

Is a team with Nelson in it necessarily weakened? Is Mousinho better in defence than midfield? Is GvK much poorer than Obika? Might Henry or Napa coming off the bench later on actually be a positive? Could a raring-to-go Carroll have a positive effect?

I guess it depends on exactly what the changes are, and how KR uses the subs.

Do you think it’s acceptable for fans to travel along way during midweek in horrendous traffic, only to find out the team news isn’t what they thought it would be.

And do you think it’s acceptable to go to the best team in the league playing a weakened side, and risk getting thrashed again. Which would severely harm our goal difference.

I know what I’d prefer.

I appreciate it's a long way but your first point kind of sets a bad precedent. I want KR to pick the team that he thinks is most appropriate given the position we're in - not the team he thinks will please fans just because Wigan has been an effort to get to. I'd be worried if he was doing that. Do fans for some reason deserve to see their favourite players play just because they've been stuck in a car for a few hours?

If you're going, massive hats off to you, that's a big journey. But I don't think that gives you the right to expect a certain team selection.

I know what I’d prefer.
KR has said that he has said this so that fans can't be surprised if they travel.
The flip side is- we go to Wigan get beaten anyway (which is very much odds on) get injuries and then lose to Doncaster.
So question to you. Would you want KR to do everything possible to try and keep us up this season?

I think KR is 100% right to rest certain players that have started in every recent game, particularly in Midfield (Brannagan, Ledson) as that’s where the most energy is spent. I think he’ll keep the defence together and maybe add in Martin. Prob rest Obika and Thomas and go with GVK but I’d personally like to see Obika start cos he’s the only one who will manage to hold the ball up against Dunks and their other tall CB. Unfortunately I think we’re going to lose by 2 or 3. Wigan will punish us for the sloppiness we keep showing at the back.

I know what I’d prefer.

KR has to put out the strongest side available, however if he doesn’t, those who have made the long trip can’t say they were not warned.

Total respect to them for going though.

KR has said that he has said this so that fans can't be surprised if they travel.
The flip side is- we go to Wigan get beaten anyway (which is very much odds on) get injuries and then lose to Doncaster.
So question to you. Would you want KR to do everything possible to try and keep us up this season?

I as a traveling supporter to most away games expect us to put out the strongest possible side.

We can’t rely on resting players, and risk getting points from the Doncaster game, we need points whatever our opposition, and should take every game seriously.

I want KR to be successful here, and so far with every game he’s been here, I’m starting to see an improvement. We just need to accumulate enough points to stay up.

After an early goal memories of the 0-7 must be forgotten, after 20 minutes it's 2-0 after 86 minutes what seems just a consolation goal but Thomas nets on 89 to make it 3-1 to the yellows :)

Back
Top Bottom