Tickets Claiming your free Stevenage tickets

MJB

I’ve just had an email to say I have until 5pm to claim my free ticket. Really not sure if I can be bothered - are others on here taking up the offer?

Technically I guess it won’t be supporting the tournament financially (and therefore supporting the B-Teams nonsense) but I still don’t think I’ll take the plunge…

I just got an email as well, was there a previous opportunity to claim a ticket I missed? Seems like very short notice 4hours, some will not even see the email before 5pm. Must be a new fan customer service philosophy alongside filthy seats.

I just got an email as well, was there a previous opportunity to claim a ticket I missed? Seems like very short notice 4hours, some will not even see the email before 5pm. Must be a new fan customer service philosophy alongside filthy seats.

Yes I couldn’t recall a previous message either but may have just been that I didn’t notice a previous email.

I don’t tend to rush to open messages with “Stevenage” in the subject line.

Yes I couldn’t recall a previous message either but may have just been that I didn’t notice a previous email.

I don’t tend to rush to open messages with “Stevenage” in the subject line.

One half of the SSU and SSL and the East stand open only. - Don't be surprised if your normal seat has already gone.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Not a competition that interests me really (I hope we use the game to play younger/squad players, which IMO is the only potential benefit of it) so I won't be claiming my free ticket.

A bit daft of the club to send out an email at 12.30 that requires action by 5pm! Having looked through my emails, there was no previous email on this subject.

is the Stevenage jpt game likely to be avail to watch on ifollow (in the UK)?

think the club would probably 'take' similar income ( assuming its £10) as they would from reduced (& freebies for ST holders/ 2-4-1 tickets) gate receipts for that game, if it is available?

I've not been to a game in this competition since we lost to Barnsley at Wembley because of the u21 team nonsense.

I wouldn't go even if the club paid me because I don't want my attendance to be the +1 on the attendance stats that may be the tipping point that convinces someone at the EFL it's worth going to stage 2 of B teams in the league pyramid.

I like that the club are trying to show appreciation for the fans, but it's a no from me because of the competition. Hopefully they'll do similar for the quarter final of the FA Cup when we get there and I can secure my spot for that instead.

I’m utterly overwhelmed at the gratitude the club have shown me. So much so, i will not be accepting the free ticket (to the value of £5) for my continued support throughout last season.

Quite frankly, they can shove it up their (collective) a**e.

I've not been to a game in this competition since we lost to Barnsley at Wembley because of the u21 team nonsense.

I wouldn't go even if the club paid me because I don't want my attendance to be the +1 on the attendance stats that may be the tipping point that convinces someone at the EFL it's worth going to stage 2 of B teams in the league pyramid.

I like that the club are trying to show appreciation for the fans, but it's a no from me because of the competition. Hopefully they'll do similar for the quarter final of the FA Cup when we get there and I can secure my spot for that instead.

Doubtful, as it is just for the first two home cups games, which will be Stevenage and then Spurs u21s.

"As part of the club’s pledge in the summer, U’s fans who bought a 2021/22 Season Ticket will be able to claim a complimentary ticket for the club’s first two home cup games at the expense of the club’s shareholders."

But, a very magnanimous gesture by our very wealthy shareholders...

How was the pre-season event at the stadium that the flyer sent to existing holders in June talked about?

Would be great to see a picture of the fan wall inside the tunnel, too.

my old man has had the email re Stevenage JPT ( about an hour ago).... yet both my sister and nephew , both ST holders... have not, yet had their email 'invite'

and , the online 'booking' of limited seats (in not their usual ST seats in SSL) keeps timing out almost immediately, pain for my sister, (my dad is totally computer illiterate) , as due to my dads limited mobility, certain considerations for him to get too and from a seat need to be 'in place' for him to go to matches

as shes babysitting her grand daughters this avo, she cant telephone the ticket office- maybe they'll get things sorted tomorrow?....if they extend the ridiculous 5pm today deadline for a game in five days time!!! ?

Last edited:
So nobody looks at the club website anymore?

I read the article, saw the tweet and booked our tickets. Easy.
I never look at the OWS anymore, Twitter and here.

The email came at 1230 and I saw a Tweet at 1340. Not everyone can access email or even their phone/laptop/tablet until late evening.

People don't travel home to check the post then go back to work multiple times a day, so may not check email multiple times a day.

I never look at the OWS anymore, Twitter and here.

The email came at 1230 and I saw a Tweet at 1340. Not everyone can access email or even their phone/laptop/tablet until late evening.

People don't travel home to check the post then go back to work multiple times a day, so may not check email multiple times a day.
Duly noted. Might be something that can be addressed by the Supporters Panel, when up and running. It's a shame to read that the club website is ignored, but I can understand the email thing. Also, those who are at work cannot be expected to drop everything to respond to non-work emails.

It is also a fact that the attraction of a pizza pot game is not very high on most fans listing. That much has been acknowledged by the club in the low number of seats available. I would agree that if the club wish to maximise numbers then extending the deadline for season ticket holders would be a wise move.

How was the pre-season event at the stadium that the flyer sent to existing holders in June talked about?

Would be great to see a picture of the fan wall inside the tunnel, too.
There was a bit of video of part of the 'fan wall' on the OWS a while back. Blink and you'd miss it. An actual picture of all of it would be nice.

The whole PR of the ST offer and everything associated with it was, and continues to be, a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom