Fosu

If come January people enquire about his availability.......what sort of price tag?

I think it already might be known but I was told that he's a handful- and actually it's going to take a lot for another club/manager to take a punt on him as Karl has been the only one who has been able to control him properly.

So that's just excellent innit

For all the doubters about Robinson, he has a fantastic record with bringing the best out of players that don't fit in elsewhere. In the summer, Fosu wanted to work with KR as much as we were looking to bring him in and it would take an absolutely silly offer to get either party to consider a move at this stage.

We are very lucky to have a player like Tariqe here, but also very lucky to have a manager like Robinson to make this all happen.

Yeah but we said £4m for Sykes and sold for £2m.

ZN has said I think the day to day funding is still down to Tiger which could mean January sales if ST is running short once the season ticket money is spent.

ZN has said I think the day to day funding is still down to Tiger which could mean January sales if ST is running short once the season ticket money is spent.
But if we have to sell in January then we can forget going for promotion so a few less supporters as a result less money coming in through the turnstiles, so do the club take a risk and sell in the position we could possibly be in or do we gamble and go for promotion, which should put more bums on seats.

It was Whyte, he was sold for very near £3m with add ons still to come and there are no funding issues. A budget was in place for the season and we remain well within that.

But if we have to sell in January then we can forget going for promotion so a few less supporters as a result less money coming in through the turnstiles, so do the club take a risk and sell in the position we could possibly be in or do we gamble and go for promotion, which should put more bums on seats.

You remember in the summer when everyone was panicking about our transfer activity and I was telling everyone to calm down and wait until we'd seen all of our business? You can hopefully have the same faith that we won't be cashing in on players in January either.

Players are very happy at Oxford. You can see the fighting spirit throughout the squad, players missing out in the league but putting in performances like West Ham etc, and Ben Woodburn travelling with the squad when injured rather than being at home in Liverpool.

Promotion is very much in everyone's mind. Brannagan was pissed with dropping 2 points against Accrington, everyone is fighting for every point and Tiger, Zaki and KR have all openly said that promotion is the target, and we're top of the form table and scoring for fun.

We are well within our budget for the season. We did smart deals in the summer. The Cadden deal saved £200k+, Taylor is an initial loan, Woodburn is paid mainly by Liverpool. Gorrin, Moore, Ageyi, Forde and Fosu are not on huge wages. Plus we had money come in for Whyte and add ons for Roofe. We've already had a cup run beyond anything budgeted for and are 90 mins away from a potentially massive 1/4 final.

So, we have 15 weeks until the January window closes so please, please, for the love of God, let's not repeat the summer panicking just yet!!!

It was Whyte, he was sold for very near £3m with add ons still to come and there are no funding issues. A budget was in place for the season and we remain well within that.

how far in the budget are we? Surplus for January additions?

how far in the budget are we? Surplus for January additions?
There was always money set aside for January. I couldn't put a figure on it but we certainly don't need to sell before we add. I am very confident that a deal will be done for Taylor (but wouldn't expect much of a transfer fee involved). I also think that Chris Cadden may extend to the end of the season with a loan fee paid, and depending on the recovery of Hanson, Thorne, Napa we will likely see an addition or 2 in the middle. I would guess that these are all still within our budget plans.

Well add ons have to wait until they become real. I reckon Bury had a player budget for last season too and they stayed within it. except the owners couldn’t afford it.

So budgets and cash funding are very different things.

Everton interested in Baptiste I’ve heard. Sent scouts to four of our games apparently. We could be in line for a massive chunk of money.

Didn’t KR get 7mill for Lookman at Charlton - Everton?

The model seems to be working ( sell Whyte bring in Fosu and there are quite a few examples) so hardly forget promotion (Baldock went at Christmas and we went up)
Having said that hopefully crowds (and revenue) will go up and if we beat Sunderland then we could get a very lucrative tie in the quarter finals

You remember in the summer when everyone was panicking about our transfer activity and I was telling everyone to calm down and wait until we'd seen all of our business? You can hopefully have the same faith that we won't be cashing in on players in January either.

Players are very happy at Oxford. You can see the fighting spirit throughout the squad, players missing out in the league but putting in performances like West Ham etc, and Ben Woodburn travelling with the squad when injured rather than being at home in Liverpool.

Promotion is very much in everyone's mind. Brannagan was pissed with dropping 2 points against Accrington, everyone is fighting for every point and Tiger, Zaki and KR have all openly said that promotion is the target, and we're top of the form table and scoring for fun.

We are well within our budget for the season. We did smart deals in the summer. The Cadden deal saved £200k+, Taylor is an initial loan, Woodburn is paid mainly by Liverpool. Gorrin, Moore, Ageyi, Forde and Fosu are not on huge wages. Plus we had money come in for Whyte and add ons for Roofe. We've already had a cup run beyond anything budgeted for and are 90 mins away from a potentially massive 1/4 final.

So, we have 15 weeks until the January window closes so please, please, for the love of God, let's not repeat the summer panicking just yet!!!
Always interesting to read your posts .

Curious as to how you know all this club background stuff and why you express it with such apparent authority ? My personal theory is :

1 you work at the club and have been given the thumbs up to release it little gobbets to the great unwashed here.
2 you know someone at the club and you’re just posting idle gossip on.

3 you’re a highly accomplished bullshitter.

I’d say 2.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom