Forward line

I guess our defence is sorted and our midfield is shaping up pretty nicely so if a midfielder is brought in this week, then their position (and role within the team) should be a straight forward one (round peg, round hole). In terms of the striker, hes there to put the ball in the net so you would like to think they can settle into the scoring goals routine pretty quickly regardless of not having a lot of time with the squad. In short, lets not worry too much if we are leaving a couple of positions down to the last minute.

Are there any goal scoring target men at this level?
If so, could we possibly afford them?

Not the way KR has been playing him. He has come on to replace Big John in the Psf games. He certainly played as the lone striker when he came on against Palace.

Lopes played left against Leeds, Mackie went up front

I know (and don't necessarily disagree with) the point you're making - but feel that Obika could do the same job as Taylor, but is probably worth twice the goals himself over a 46-game league season - I think Obika could bag ten whereas you wouldn't back Taylor for many more than five.

Nonetheless if either did their cruciate in the first game then we're absolutely sunk; so with this being an 18-man game these days, with a need to have several variable systems available to e.g. chase, or to close out a game; and with United likely to feature in 55+ games in all competitions - we need as many as four players who COULD play up front if required.

Four?! For a system which only plays one like striker? Does that mean we need 8 centre backs?!

Four?! For a system which only plays one like striker? Does that mean we need 8 centre backs?!

If Kr sticks to 1 up front then we only need 3 strikers. If he plays 2 up top then we will need 4 strikers.
So with that in mind I think we will only get 1 more striker in

Great to see that we have the likes of James, Noel-Williams and Lopes coming through - but I very much doubt we'll see more than a couple of starts from any of them this season, and certainly not before Christmas, even Easter, more likely a handful of sub run-outs at most as part of their development.

Need it spelling out again?

Players are needed, but a comment like that with Hall, Henry and Carruthers in the squad is beyond moronic.
Your answer is moronic as unfortunately, it was meant as dabigfella spotted it. One forward doesn’t make a front line. But hey don’t let that get in the way of childish abuse. Idiot

Need it spelling out again?

Players are needed, but a comment like that with Hall, Henry and Carruthers in the squad is beyond moronic.
Your answer is moronic as unfortunately, it was meant as dabigfella spotted it. One forward doesn’t make a front line. But hey don’t let that get in the way of childish abuse. Idiot

Seems someone doesn’t understand the word ‘line’

My first reaction as well. Pedantically one forward doesn't make line.:love:
We will play with one up front.
There are Carruthers Hall Mackie Henry who will play off that one main striker (and KR explained how his teams play after about a week being here.

Seems someone doesn’t understand the word ‘line’
But if you agree players are needed, why are you intimating that Hall etc could somehow fit in. Do you you honestly see them scoring more than a handful between them??

Great to see that we have the likes of James, Noel-Williams and Lopes coming through - but I very much doubt we'll see more than a couple of starts from any of them this season, and certainly not before Christmas, even Easter, more likely a handful of sub run-outs at most as part of their development.

I'd agree with this although the Abomination Trophy might provide more of an opportunity. I reckon Armani Little might force his way into the 1st team reckoning relatively quickly though in midfield.

But if you agree players are needed, why are you intimating that Hall etc could somehow fit in. Do you you honestly see them scoring more than a handful between them??

Considering Henry scored more than a handful on his own last season then yes.

At present, I’d say the squad is not balanced.

We had two major issues last season.

The lack of a genuine ‘1’ up top.

And a lack of pace.

Have those issues been solved from what we’ve seen ore-season? No.

Instead we seem to have a plethora of players who can play in behind Obika - come on, its grim that with a week to go he is our best option - when that is where our one standout, top drawer outfield man plays. James Henry.

There is also the not insignificant issue of replacing Ledson. This rather significant hole seems to have been forgotten about by most. No one ever mentions it!

No doubt the three signings Kr is about to make are aimed at solving the 2 major issues of last season and the one created by a departure.

So we are not ready in the least in terms of personnel. It seems to hAve been an infuriating window for many clubs. Barnsley made their first signing this week!! So at least many are in the same boat.

It may mean that we have a bit of a sluggish start. So KR deserves time and patience. Just like last season, then, we’ll have an indication of how good we are post Xmas.

At present, I’d say the squad is not balanced.

We had two major issues last season.

The lack of a genuine ‘1’ up top.

And a lack of pace.

Have those issues been solved from what we’ve seen ore-season? No.

Instead we seem to have a plethora of players who can play in behind Obika - come on, its grim that with a week to go he is our best option - when that is where our one standout, top drawer outfield man plays. James Henry.

There is also the not insignificant issue of replacing Ledson. This rather significant hole seems to have been forgotten about by most. No one ever mentions it!

No doubt the three signings Kr is about to make are aimed at solving the 2 major issues of last season and the one created by a departure.

So we are not ready in the least in terms of personnel. It seems to hAve been an infuriating window for many clubs. Barnsley made their first signing this week!! So at least many are in the same boat.

It may mean that we have a bit of a sluggish start. So KR deserves time and patience. Just like last season, then, we’ll have an indication of how good we are post Xmas.

Plenty have mentioned central midfield and discussed Jem Karacan is he/isn't he signing.

Back
Top Bottom