Line up against Accrington

Looking at our squad, with the injuries we have, technically our defence should be our strongest aspect.

I would go with a 343 formation:

Mitchell
Nelson - Mousinho - Dickie
Norman - Branaghan - Hanson - Garbutt
Browne - Smith - (Hall/Henry/Holmes)

Looking at our squad, with the injuries we have, technically our defence should be our strongest aspect.

I would go with a 343 formation:

Mitchell
Nelson - Mousinho - Dickie
Norman - Branaghan - Hanson - Garbutt
Browne - Smith - (Hall/Henry/Holmes)

Agree with this! What’s the worse that can happen, and the two either side of the striker can interchange along the front three fluidly

Is Tsun Dai fit? Surely he’s got to be somewhere around the squad if he is considering the injuries
There has been nothing on him at all.
The fact that he wasn't even on the bench v Coventry suggested to me that he is injured?

Agree with this! What’s the worse that can happen, and the two either side of the striker can interchange along the front three fluidly

You cant just make a fundamental seismic shift in formation like that without the chance to work on it n training.

We tried to do exactly that with a 3 man defence at Chelsea last season and it backfired massively.

There has been nothing on him at all.
The fact that he wasn't even on the bench v Coventry suggested to me that he is injured?

He's also only just 19 years old.

I know he played some league games for a horrific Bury FC last year, but just because he's a signing, shouldn't mean he leapfrogs our own youth e.g. Baptiste, Owen James - into the league squad.

I think he'll feature too (and he may be injured just now) but would expect him to play much of the season in the u23s.

• React
Reactions: Ian
For me at this level and L2 good old 4-4-2 works best if you are struggling. Go back to basics. No square pegs in round holes. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do and you can have some flexibility when in possession. I would play Henry as one of the front two but just a few yards back from the front man. Mackie and Garbutt should not be starting at the moment.
I know it won't happen though!

For me at this level and L2 good old 4-4-2 works best if you are struggling. Go back to basics. No square pegs in round holes. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do and you can have some flexibility when in possession. I would play Henry as one of the front two but just a few yards back from the front man. Mackie and Garbutt should not be starting at the moment.
I know it won't happen though!

This generation have probably played more 4231 in their careers than 442

May I suggest that the match-day thread is now active and also showing lots of suggested line-ups.
Maybe time to stop posting in this thread.

I remember watching oufc stuff nufc In the cup last year.... took my son in law ...ardent spurs supporter.....

Under clotet ... but I have to say kr has no idea with this 4231 formation ...he insists playing it and it doest work for oufc....he has no f*****g clue just like clotet what to do ...allez vous en as the french say....en culez as most of them say but how many excuses will you give the man??? It isnt gelling hes not fit....hes from a higher div so it TAKES TIME....COME ON ...THE BLOKE MAY Of saved us last season but maybe thats all his a saviour ...because this season he is clueless at best

Under clotet ... but I have to say kr has no idea with this 4231 formation ...he insists playing it and it doest work for oufc....he has no f*****g clue just like clotet what to do ...allez vous en as the french say....en culez as most of them say but how many excuses will you give the man??? It isnt gelling hes not fit....hes from a higher div so it TAKES TIME....COME ON ...THE BLOKE MAY Of saved us last season but maybe thats all his a saviour ...because this season he is clueless at best

I'd say his record at MK and Charlton would say he does know what he is doing with it.

Would go with a 4-4-2 and play the out of form players to see if playing a simple formation works.the way I see oxford playing the 4-2-3-1 is that the 3 are static and don’t help the full backs hence why good players like macmahon and Garbutt look so bad.

4-2-3-1

Mitchell
Norman Mous Nelson Ruffels
Brannagan Hanson
Whyte Henry Brown
Obika

That’s assuming Holmes is out, if not he come in for Whyte.

If Mackie starts again then I’ll lose serious faith in the manager.

If this goes wrong is it #TatabanyaOut?

Back
Top Bottom