Line up against Accrington

He won’t change the system. Get used to it.
It’s players that win games not systems. We’ve got too many players not playing well enough to do that at the moment. This is when the more experienced players need to step up and why imo Mousinho has to play.
But last season everyone was scapegoating Mousinho. The vitriol was terrible.

I love how some players are called “experienced” by some posters and “journeyman crocks” by others…

Raglan played RB for us against Shrewsbury in the away game in MAPPs last season. He was awful.
Although, Raglan and Nelson forged a great partnership as the CB pairing towards the end of that season, last 5 games. They did have a good understanding and more importantly Raglan played on the left. I also remember Raglan covering several times for Skarz lack of pace getting back.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Looking at team for tursdy
Mackie so far a waste of money shouldn’t plsy
Garbutt another waste of money shouldn’t plsy
McMahon not a total waste of money so far but needs to step up
Hanson too soon to say
Whyte did well against Coventry should plsy
Smith runs around a lot, hasn’t had much service, jury out
Brannigan some good some bad
Browne think he will get there
Hall injured but hasn’t played well this seasin
Holmes one game lacked a finish but we need him fit
Too many that have come in just haven’t been good enough
If KR selected the players that have come him he must be wondering why he did We beat Coventry who had almost a full strength team so give the ones that played well then another chance
Henry must start

Would go something like this.

Mitchell
Mcmahon
Nelson
Mousinho
Ruffels
Browne
Brannagan
Baptiste
Whyte
Henry
Obika

• React
Reactions: Ian
For the time being we could maybe look to our home grown talent,.... Canice Carrol perhaps? .... he can play at LB as well as many other positions, he'd be ideal to start or as cover on the bench ....oops, how silly of me, Robinson and Derry didnt rate the Irish International U19 captain, so sold him / gave him to Brentford , hey ho :cautious::cautious::cautious:
He was to bigheaded thats why he went

Although, Raglan and Nelson forged a great partnership as the CB pairing towards the end of that season, last 5 games. They did have a good understanding and more importantly Raglan played on the left. I also remember Raglan covering several times for Skarz lack of pace getting back.

Is this partly why we are all at sea again at cb Nelson and his inabilty to play left side again has dickie had to move over to accomadate him

I am amazed that people are suggesting Raglan, Carroll (he has gone and was poor a lit of last season as a full back- personally I would have kept him as I loved his attitude). One person after one game suggested that we should already get rid of Hanson !!!
Agree we need to tighten up. Like a lot of people assuming Holmes is not fit I would go:

Mitchell
McMahon Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Baptiste Brannagan Hanson
Henry Browne
Obika

I am amazed that people are suggesting Raglan, Carroll (he has gone and was poor a lit of last season as a full back- personally I would have kept him as I loved his attitude). One person after one game suggested that we should already get rid of Hanson !!!
Agree we need to tighten up. Like a lot of people assuming Holmes is not fit I would go:

Mitchell
McMahon Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Baptiste Brannagan Hanson
Henry Browne
Obika
Yes, that’s a team that looks more solid . It’s practically 4 3 3!

One person after one game suggested that we should already get rid of Hanson !!!

Saying we should get rid of Hanson after one game is ridiculous but that was a really poor and worrying debut.
He had a terrible game in midfield although virtually every Oxford player underperformed on the day. The midfield
was non-existent for large spells. When Henry came on, we instantly improved and Hanson got on the ball and
passed it. However it was all too late.

Tbh and imo having watched all 3 league gameson ifollow I dont think it matters what team we put out.....without some passion and fight which the team is sorely lacking ...we are going to get taken apart.....the tactics that kr is sticking to are not working .... that may be because of gelling or unfit players.... but I think there is something wrong within the whole setup.... bring in the youngsters I say give em a chance ...they couldnt do any worse .... the only bright star for me is holmes..but he cant play all the time because of his back? Unfortunately other new players brought in arent cutting it for me....defence is a shambles mid field falls apart .... its all getting a bit tedious

Back
Top Bottom