For people with disabilities - a warning

So how do you suggest we help those people?
Ask them to proportionately contribute so they feel part of the society they live within ?
Or shall we re-open "asylum`s" and lock them away?
Its easy to say what we shouldn`t do but harder to find solutions.

Who said anything about asylum's? Is charging them or an Asylum the only options available?

How about (and it may seem radical) being a society that actually cares and fully supports those that are in an awful position health wise so they can live a dignified life.

So for a start not charge them to use essential public services they need from the meagre resources they have.

Who said anything about asylum's? Is charging them or an Asylum the only options available?

How about (and it may seem radical) being a society that actually cares and fully supports those that are in an awful position health wise so they can live a dignified life.

So for a start not charge them to use essential public services they need from the meagre resources they have.
well said

Define "essential" public services then.
I`ll start you off....... NHS (Free), Transport (Free/Subsidised), Council Tax (subsidised), Home Care (delivered as part of PIP or subidised depending on local Council)..........

The more you disengage people from a society where everyone "does a bit" to make it work the worse their situation becomes.

Not disagreeing as such just looking at sensible alternatives.

I`ll start you off....... NHS (Free), Transport (Free/Subsidised), Council Tax (subsidised), Home Care (delivered as part of PIP or subidised depending on local Council)..........

The more you disengage people from a society where everyone "does a bit" to make it work the worse their situation becomes.

Perhaps alternatives along the lines of tax evading individuals ... such as Billionaire tabloid owners, as well as slum landlords too who are tax exiles.... as well as multinational companies who amass vast profits in the Uk, but pay no tax, were to weigh in with their fair proportion of taxes into the national economy perhaps, just perhaps, things would be a lot fairer all round?

any wonder why the tax exiled, tax evading billionaires, who control 78% of the media in the UK, are doing their utmost to engineer a tory GE win?

Perhaps alternatives along the lines of tax evading individuals ... such as Billionaire tabloid owners, as well as slum landlords too who are tax exiles.... as well as multinational companies who amass vast profits in the Uk, but pay no tax, were to weigh in with their fair proportion of taxes into the national economy perhaps, just perhaps, things would be a lot fairer all round?

any wonder why the tax exiled, tax evading billionaires, who control 78% of the media in the UK, are doing their utmost to engineer a tory GE win?

Ah yes but most of that is "globalisation" created from the CONSUMER (you & me and the rest) demand. Amazon,Google,Starbucks etc etc etc........

If we want a fairer society don`t shop with tax dodging companies.

Ahhh....yes "but they sell stuff cheap and drop it off 24/7............".

Can`t have it both ways.

Ah yes but most of that is "globalisation" created from the CONSUMER (you & me and the rest) demand. Amazon,Google,Starbucks etc etc etc........

If we want a fairer society don`t shop with tax dodging companies.

Ahhh....yes "but they sell stuff cheap and drop it off 24/7............".

Can`t have it both ways.
We could elect a government who bring in legislation to counter tax evasion ? :sneaky:

We could elect a government who bring in legislation to counter tax evasion ? :sneaky:

And watch said companies just decant to a more favourable regime?
As soon as we (the consumer) stop spending with "Global PLC" then thing will change.............until then...

And watch said companies just decant to a more favourable regime?
As soon as we (the consumer) stop spending with "Global PLC" then thing will change.............until then...
:sneaky: they are based elsewhere already ... they trade in the Uk, they make billions in the Uk, about time the likes of Amazon, Google Starbucks and the like paid taxes on the vast profits they make in the UK I say:sneaky:

My circumstances have changed 100 % due to cancer, I am now longer fit enough to work and due to the cancer diagnosis I am “disabled “. My income has reduced by approximately 60%, can’t work , I have paid in to the system since I was 18 .entitled to nothing,so my savings which I have managed to build up over 40 years will be my safety net,my wife won’t get her pension from the state for another 6 years as well I am just stating facts with out any political spin, live at times isn’t great

Last edited:

Essential is being able to eat, travel when necessary (get to hospital appointments etc), heat where you live and live with a bit of dignity.

Subsidised when living on £5k-£7k is often still very expensive and can lead to a choice between essentials.

I have lived on less than £6k benefits when ill and thanks to my family and their support it was easier but still very hard. I didn't get subsidised transport etc. And I had to go through all the tribunal/appeal process which caused immense stress and frustration at the worst possible time to get that limited level of income. The tribunal judge's ruling was scathing as I had 2 world renowned Consultants supporting my position but ATOS still refused the initial appeal. 2 weeks after the Tribunal decision they tried to start the process again.....

A change in the attitude from the Govt/DWP in their dealings that anybody asking for help is automatically a scrounger/trying it on would be a start which is the attitude that comes over in their dealings with me. Have a system that isn't so complicated that it is a minefield and confusing for those it is suppose to help. Fortunately, I was able to work my way through the system and knew where to get help (ie. from a legal charity that supports Benefit applicants) when it was necessary, plenty won't have that understanding.

Also, home care isn't always subsidised either and what is can be very limited.

Mr Yellows, are you trying to yank my f*****g chain? £19 is not much to someone on say, £350 plus a week. People who 'get' £130 a week find that f*****g hard, my friend. If you're a Tory supporter, then it doesn't matter what I or any other Labour supporter says about the uncaring C***s in no 10. Please don't just blindly agree with everything the Tories do. I've been fair with my criticism of Cordustbin, which I note, you readily agreed with.

Then how the f**k are you managing to go to the Philippines for a month over Christmas you lucky bastard.?.

Then how the f**k are you managing to go to the Philippines for a month over Christmas you lucky bastard.?.
MC, Maybe I'm not looking at your post right. But, can you tell me where I've put on this subject that I personally get either loads or not enough money coming in? I would never come on here to brag about my income. I have, however, been discussing what its like for other people who don't get much from disability benefits and the hassle they have to suffer, applying for them. By the way, its nice to stay in posh hotels when you are abroad...............but its even better when, just like me, you're wife is from the country you are visiting and her family and friends offer to 'put you up' over the entire month. :)

I’ve got an appointment to discuss my PIP application on December 18th. A mere 12months since DLA ran out and 7 months since I was able to start an application.
I have to find a way to get to Milton Keynes.
To be honest at the moment I’m just happy I’ve got something back!

MC, Maybe I'm not looking at your post right. But, can you tell me where I've put on this subject that I personally get either loads or not enough money coming in? I would never come on here to brag about my income. I have, however, been discussing what its like for other people who don't get much from disability benefits and the hassle they have to suffer, applying for them. By the way, its nice to stay in posh hotels when you are abroad...............but its even better when, just like me, you're wife is from the country you are visiting and her family and friends offer to 'put you up' over the entire month. :)

Yeah, looks like I may have got my wires crossed looking at your response. ?. Apologies.

Back
Top Bottom