For people with disabilities - a warning

The vast majority of the UK’s tax take, is derived from the service industry.
What’s your definition of a “ larger” income.

Try to be a little more coherent if you want an answer.

There is a belief that the wealthiest pay a higher proportion of tax than tte least well off.

Income Tax only generates 25% of tax income. Council Tax taxes those with less wealth disproportionately. The band system is totally broken.

Fuel duties are increasingly paid by those with older, less fuel efficient vehicles, although many are too poor to travel, and 20% have no access to a car and are reliant, perhaps, on public transport that may make travel relatively more expensive...

And those who defend and cheer the ever increasing wealth divide, always fail to realise that the wealthiest benefit most from public expenditures.

Whilst the divide gets bigger, those with disAbilities, or suffering with illness or injury are blamed for the shortcomings of the state.

The increase in homelessness and poverty in this country isn't down to a lack of wealth, or too many people, it's down to money being channeled into the pockets of those who least need it.

There is a belief that the wealthiest pay a higher proportion of tax than tte least well off.

Income Tax only generates 25% of tax income. Council Tax taxes those with less wealth disproportionately. The band system is totally broken.

Fuel duties are increasingly paid by those with older, less fuel efficient vehicles, although many are too poor to travel, and 20% have no access to a car and are reliant, perhaps, on public transport that may make travel relatively more expensive...

And those who defend and cheer the ever increasing wealth divide, always fail to realise that the wealthiest benefit most from public expenditures.

Whilst the divide gets bigger, those with disAbilities, or suffering with illness or injury are blamed for the shortcomings of the state.

The increase in homelessness and poverty in this country isn't down to a lack of wealth, or too many people, it's down to money being channeled into the pockets of those who least need it.
Ian, people should look up what the Nazis did to disabled people. They had a programme called T4 Euthanasia Program, set up to kill physically or mentally ill people, officially from 1939 to 1941.
Ok, Tory supporters will scream: "Don't you dare compare our great party to the Nazis!" I'm not attempting to do that of course. The Nazis killed disabled people. That was pure evil. Although not related to that, the Tories are going out of their way to make it hard for disabled people to receive benefits and even trying to say that some disabled people are not disabled enough. Is there such a thing? Leave disabled people alone!
I'll say it again; Just hope and pray you don't become disabled. Not while the Tories are in power.

Last edited:
I make no apologies in 'banging on' again, but in their promises for the upcoming election, neither the Tories, nor Labour or the Lib Dumbs are saying if they will improve Disabled people's lives. They could start by dismantling the austerity dished out to people like me, since 2010.

When the Tories came to power with the Lib Dumbs in 2010, disabled people didn't have to pay council tax. Now, where I live , we have to pay £19 a month. When the bastards came to power with the Lib Dumbs in 2010, the Blue Badge was £2. Now, it's £10. They totally killed off Remploy, set up to help disabled people try to get work skills, etc. The Tory/Lib Dumb bedroom tax and Universal Credit hurts Disabled people. The PIP Tory plan stinks to high heaven, for disabled people. You can only talk about that, if you've had to claim it.
Can someone tell me what The Tories are actually going to do, to help disabled people?
If a Tory MP told me it's sunny outside, I would have to go and double check.
Flipping the coin a bit, Jeremy Cordustbin should have made it clear about his Brexit views and gone on all four knees, to reassure Jews that he personally does not hate them and apologised for the twats in the Labour Party who have made their horrible views give the Tories the ammunition they need to deflect the right shitty mess they've made over Brexit and other issues.
Well done, Jezza; you just made the Tories get a whopping big majority at the election. Then please, will you resign?

When the Tories came to power with the Lib Dumbs in 2010, disabled people didn't have to pay council tax. Now, where I live , we have to pay £19 a month. When the bastards came to power with the Lib Dumbs in 2010, the Blue Badge was £2. Now, it's £10. They totally killed off Remploy, set up to help disabled people try to get work skills, etc. The Tory/Lib Dumb bedroom tax and Universal Credit hurts Disabled people. The PIP Tory plan stinks to high heaven, for disabled people. You can only talk about that, if you've had to claim it.
Can someone tell me what The Tories are actually going to do, to help disabled people?
If a Tory MP told me it's sunny outside, I would have to go and double check.
Flipping the coin a bit, Jeremy Cordustbin should have made it clear about his Brexit views and gone on all four knees, to reassure Jews that he personally does not hate them and apologised for the twats in the Labour Party who have made their horrible views give the Tories the ammunition they need to deflect the right shitty mess they've made over Brexit and other issues.
Well done, Jezza; you just made the Tories get a whopping big majority at the election. Then please, will you resign?

No disrespect but £19 a month is a nominal contribution. Try £136.41 a month. Disabled folk are part of society and use its facilities so should contribute towards it.

Blue Badge`s aren`t free to administer, produce, enforce etc. £10 is far, far cheaper than paying to park etc.

I`ll agree 100% on Remploy!!

Any change to benefits (PIP, Universal Credit) will always be both difficult & on a huge scale, I agree that there should be a safety mechanism to ease people into it. I also disagree with private companies making life judgement`s on patients they don`t know.

And yes ABC.......... Anyone But Corbyn!

No disrespect but £19 a month is a nominal contribution. Try £136.41 a month. Disabled folk are part of society and use its facilities so should contribute towards it.

Blue Badge`s aren`t free to administer, produce, enforce etc. £10 is far, far cheaper than paying to park etc.

Any change to benefits (PIP, Universal Credit) will always be both difficult & on a huge scale, I agree that there should be a safety mechanism to ease people into it. I also disagree with private companies making life judgement`s on patients they don`t know.

Mr Yellows, are you trying to yank my f*****g chain? £19 is not much to someone on say, £350 plus a week. People who 'get' £130 a week find that f*****g hard, my friend. If you're a Tory supporter, then it doesn't matter what I or any other Labour supporter says about the uncaring C***s in no 10. Please don't just blindly agree with everything the Tories do. I've been fair with my criticism of Cordustbin, which I note, you readily agreed with.

3 year fee (processing) in Oxfordshire for a blue badge is, (was- 2.5 years ago) £20, plus £5 ( maybe more now?) for those passport-type photos they want 2 of .... my old man is happy enough with that

ATOS get 'bonus' payments of £250-£300 per person they 'knock back' when they're re-assessed for PIP awards etc .... a large percentage of appeals following being found 'fit for work'/ or have had benefits cut after reassessment by ATOS, have been upheld. But the stress (and timescale) directly caused by the Atos run PIP re-assessments are absolutely disgraceful in a civilised society

Spookily PIP and reassessments, franchised out by the Government to ATOS have been in their current set up (more or less) for the past 9 years.... hmmm how long have the tory's been in power? that'll be 9 years too

Last edited:
Mr Yellows, are you trying to yank my f*****g chain? £19 is not much to someone on say, £350 plus a week. People who 'get' £130 a week find that f*****g hard, my friend. If you're a Tory supporter, then it doesn't matter what I or any other Labour supporter says about the uncaring C***s in no 10. Please don't just blindly agree with everything the Tories do. I've been fair with my criticism of Cordustbin, which I note, you readily agreed with.
No I`m not yanking anything.
Disability or not, folk still use all the facilities that we all pay for as a society.
If everyone wants to be treated fairly then they also have to contribute proportionately.

£19 a month from £130 a week (£520 month) = 3.65%
£136.41 from £350 a week (£1400 month) = 9.74%

Those who can pay more... that is how it should work, but you can`t have people using services and not contributing to them.

If the service income is reduced then the services are reduced as well.

No I`m not yanking anything.
Disability or not, folk still use all the facilities that we all pay for as a society.
If everyone wants to be treated fairly then they also have to contribute proportionately.

£19 a month from £130 a week (£520 month) = 3.65%
£136.41 from £350 a week (£1400 month) = 9.74%

Those who can pay more... that is how it should work, but you can`t have people using services and not contributing to them.

If the service income is reduced then the services are reduced as well.

That is taking the P**s. Some people don't have the means to contribute even when on benefits.

Nearly £17k is far easier to live on than just under £7k, your % are utterly irrelevant. I really hope you or anybody on here don't have to try living on £6-7k as it is difficult even with supportive family.

That is taking the P**s. Some people don't have the means to contribute even when on benefits.

Nearly £17k is far easier to live on than just under £7k, your % are utterly irrelevant. I really hope you or anybody on here don't have to try living on £6-7k as it is difficult even with supportive family.

I am aware it is easier to live on an income than benefits, isn`t that the idea of having a job and the state providing a safety net not a career/life choice?
The only person who can change someones circumstances is themselves.
Being positive about life is a good start, closely followed by getting out of the rut you find yourself in.
Just because someone has a disability it doesn`t preclude them from the world of work, work should adapt to accommodate them as best as is practical.
Yes its not "easy" but neither is trying to live on under £7k!

I am aware it is easier to live on an income than benefits, isn`t that the idea of having a job and the state providing a safety net not a career/life choice?
The only person who can change someones circumstances is themselves.
Being positive about life is a good start, closely followed by getting out of the rut you find yourself in.
Just because someone has a disability it doesn`t preclude them from the world of work, work should adapt to accommodate them as best as is practical.
Yes its not "easy" but neither is trying to live on under £7k!

Sometimes it is nothing to do with a rut or having a positive outlook but have absolutely no chance because of their health situation yet still have the stress of significant financial worries (which makes things worse for their health, whether physical or mental health problems).

Sometimes it is nothing to do with a rut or having a positive outlook but have absolutely no chance because of their health situation yet still have the stress of significant financial worries (which makes things worse for their health, whether physical or mental health problems).

So how do you suggest we help those people?
Ask them to proportionately contribute so they feel part of the society they live within ?
Or shall we re-open "asylum`s" and lock them away?
Its easy to say what we shouldn`t do but harder to find solutions.

Back
Top Bottom