Tickets Fleetwood (A) - Collection Only

Why would Fleetwood not allow collection on the day?
Every other club seems to allow this?

Why can’t the club offer to post with 1st class signed for, £2.60 for a standard letter.

If you really cannot get to the TO this is a great alternative.

This is a game that is a hour and a half from me and I wanted to go but if I can’t collect my ticket from the ground on the day or have it posted then I won’t be able to go. I won’t be alone in this as there are quite a lot of us northern based yellows!
I will ring the club tomorrow and ask the question.

And why can't Fleetwood do 'print at home' tickets anyway?
I went to see Kidderminster play Bromley a couple of weeks ago while I was on holiday and even Kiddie, who I believe were a sixth tier side last season, just email you your ticket.
(Mind you, Aggborough's a lot posher ground than Fleetwood).
Even Chester do print at home tickets!

A cynic might wonder why Fleetwood of all clubs has designed a ticketing system where sales can't he reliably tracked or audited 🤔

The blame for this lies firmly with our fraudy friends on the Fylde but OUFC could have made life easier for everyone with clearer comms, a registered post option or by simply writing off any lost-in-post tickets this time.

Just saying 'collection only' then leaving the ticket office staff to pick up the pieces is the worst of all worlds.

They seem to be deliberately limiting their income. which doesn't make sense. Surely the easiest way to commit fraud (and make as much money as possible) would be to make it cash on the day and then let some people in through a gate without counting them? It's not like they don't have space for away fans.

I was a North West exile for quite a few years and this game is exactly the sort I would have decided to go to relatively last minute and invited friends along to. In fact, when I did exactly that, we lost 3-0 and one of my mates commented it was the worst performance he'd ever seen. Plus the dancing cod after every goal. Having thought about it, maybe they're actually doing us a favour...

I'm confused. I live in Manchester, so try to get to games like this, but i'm obviously not driving all the way to Oxford to get a ticket, what to do?!
I live in Wigan and fully agree with you.

Oxford fan in Barnsley got his posted yesterday and it arrived today so it can be done should be done, ffs there's a week to deliver them in

Why can’t the club offer to post with 1st class signed for, £2.60 for a standard letter.

If you really cannot get to the TO this is a great alternative.
As I can’t get over to Oxford either, the ticket office suggested this option to me. She suggested that Oxfordshire post is less reliable than others! Let’s see if a GL postcode has more luck!

As I can’t get over to Oxford either, the ticket office suggested this option to me. She suggested that Oxfordshire post is less reliable than others! Let’s see if a GL postcode has more luck!
We get post about once a week in OX4

It’s awful!

We get post about once a week in OX4

It’s awful!
luxury - we get post once every 10 days, IF we're lucky in OX3

had 7 letters from city council some dated last week of July, others very early August, they arrived en masse, together during the latter part of the 3rd week in August- some of them over 21 days after they were sent/ dated !

Rang up and explained i'm in Greater Manchester. Lady said all I can do is hope it doesn't get lost in the post. Following morning it arrived, so hopefully yours do too chaps. Bring on KR!

Do we have an SLO? Does he/she have social media to interact with fans? Surely the absolute minimum job requirement for the SLO is to respond to fans questions via email and social media platforms.

An SLO should have a visible online presence for fans to send questions in and receive answers. They should be jumping on any issues coming to them personally or anything the club twitter (X!) handle is tagged in, likewise for Facebook, Instagram etc.

It's been silence with this by the looks of it, it was silent with the bird poo issue too. All of the fans on that row should have been offered free upgrades / seat transfers before kick-off.

This is a hugely undervalued role at OUFC at the moment and I think the club should look into having someone who is passionate at "customer" (supporter) care.

Mate of mine rang the ticket office to ask if he could collect from Fleetwood, as he lives 10 miles from their ground and cannot get to Oxford to collect, and they apparently told him that no tickets will be able to be collected from Fleetwood on the day. They’ve said they’ll post his tickets at his own risk but if they don’t turn up then they won’t be replaced.

Sounds like a complete nightmare with no clear messaging. Again.
That is utterly ridiculous.

Amazed that tickets cant be emailed like train tickets.

Do we have an SLO? Does he/she have social media to interact with fans? Surely the absolute minimum job requirement for the SLO is to respond to fans questions via email and social media platforms.

An SLO should have a visible online presence for fans to send questions in and receive answers. They should be jumping on any issues coming to them personally or anything the club twitter (X!) handle is tagged in, likewise for Facebook, Instagram etc.

It's been silence with this by the looks of it, it was silent with the bird poo issue too. All of the fans on that row should have been offered free upgrades / seat transfers before kick-off.

This is a hugely undervalued role at OUFC at the moment and I think the club should look into having someone who is passionate at "customer" (supporter) care.

There's an SLO twitter account, which seems to respond some things and not others.
Had many issues over time trying to get responses to the kind of issues which as you say should be the bread and butter of an SLO.

I really thing the club could do with a separate ticketing twitter account (see Derby's version) as well. It would avoid interaction with the official account and leave that clearer for the admins. Things must get lost as everything has to be directed at the official account (because the SLO one rarely replies)

Meanwhile, a re-post of the Fleetwood ticket details has gone up on the website - still with no reference to the ability to post (at your own risk) or clarifying whether there will be collection or pay on the day facilities at Fleetwood.

Back
Top Bottom