Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.40: Portsmouth away

I'd bought a seated ticket but got pointed towards a rail seat area with everyone standing around me. Got a knackered leg at the moment so it was a bit irritating.

Had a seated ticket and everyone around me was seated. Glad i had my cap though instead of my woolly hat. I know we shouldn't moan about a bit of sunshine.
Good read as always and a very promising performance.
Only downside to the day apart from the result was a guy in the Good Companion Pub who still thinks we will be better off staying at the Kassam. I did try to explain but i don't think he was listening.

Had a seated ticket and everyone around me was seated. Glad i had my cap though instead of my woolly hat. I know we shouldn't moan about a bit of sunshine.
Good read as always and a very promising performance.
Only downside to the day apart from the result was a guy in the Good Companion Pub who still thinks we will be better off staying at the Kassam. I did try to explain but i don't think he was listening.
Well he wasn't a very good or sensible companion was he?

I thought the Milton End redevelopment worked well. Not really sure what they had done, but it looks like they had extended the concourse behind the stand by a few feet. Presumably bolted in the Rails to the existing seated area?
Created a top right corner area for wheelchair access. New toilets and catering block as well in the refurbished corner.

I didn't know if it was going to be an enforced "stand where your seat is" rule, but looks like common sense was used and fans just went where there was space. I ended up far right corner and had a pretty good view. The rail worked well as it gives you something to lean on / hold on to and obviously stops fans careering down the terrace. Only draw back as mentioned was the sun. I had a fan just to my left who kept his arm raised as if saluting right in front of my line of view.

Anyway, I thought we played well apart from the goals, and were unlucky to come away with no points, having hit the bar and the woodwork.

Prior to the redevelopment, the Milton End Stand had a safety rating of P7, which translated into only 55% of its capacity.
It now has more seats, a P1 rating and 100% availability.

Back
Top Bottom