Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.47 - Portsmouth at home

Thought that was the best performance Ive seen under LM, everything vastly improved except putting away some of the chances created - shame, it wasn't a win ... as there was 18 of my Dads family ( twas his funeral that day) all sat together , hasn't been that amount of the Sarge tribe together at an Oxford game ( not even at an OUFC Wembley visit) before, though all can claim their allegiance to the U's from my Dad.

the goals scored drought must stop, will stop.... a couple of lucky ones notched up by any of our strike force and the goals for will start being notched up - as will the wins

wont they?

I certainly hope so ( its the hope that kills you!)

besides, Im working/ DJing in Skegness this coming weekend -playing alongside side me on the same bill are two rare soul DJs from.... Barnsley ( who are not football supporters, but nonetheless....) come 5pmish Saturday , at the bar, itd really be good to claim bragging rights -and something of a novelty this season too

I agree with all of that Paul.

Long and Moore were excellent. The 2 positives are that we concede few and never give up, having gone behind.

LM has a team of real grafters (how far did Kyle Joseph run?).

Nervy times and one friend of mine had to suggest that I stopped looking at the other scores as much (every few minutes- that was in the first half). The worst time I can remember waiting for the final scores to come in, was prior to mobile phones. - Tranmere away. I would settle for the final results, but the agony in that final game!

@Sarge - are you playing at Butlins in Skegness this weekend? I know they have some big ‘weekender’ events there this Spring/Summer.

@Sarge - are you playing at Butlins in Skegness this weekend? I know they have some big ‘weekender’ events there this Spring/Summer.
im not mate though I am next in Skegness ( not a few miles up the road ) at The Sandcastle ( & old courthouse) thurs 28th Sept - sun Oct 1st 315030675_10160291776678281_1160891388333920468_n.jpg324235096_5635016189961219_3080022982445653835_n.jpg

Gatlin O'Donker - I thought his header in the 2nd half (watching on ifollow) was going in. Feel desperately for the lad, puts in a shift, he is only 18. Great potential, I'm excited about the future for him. Very tough on him to carry the forward line in the shambolic state the team is at the moment he really shouldn't be put in that position.
At Lincoln he had a similar header, 8 yards out, and he made sure he "hit the target" probably a bit too central to enable the goalie to make a superb save. So then he probably thinks next time, just need to put a bit of an angle on the header and go nearer to the post, out of reach of the goalie. So similar chance comes along v Pompey and he thinks about it (in the split second) and puts an angle on the header, does everything right, but the angle was just tad too much.

Back
Top Bottom