Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.36 - MK Dons away

pretty much exactly as I saw it- agree neither Murphy or Konate gave any cover/ help of note to Fleming or Anderson

re Anderson,I think he is better utilised when he's not playing FB- at least he provides some cover/ help for who is playing behind him

Fleming was exposed time and again ( no help no back up)- which began almost at the start, he was turned inside out on a few occasions, but under those circumstances did his best

Agree 100% that Goodrham and Wildschut should have started ( if only the latter can start to get his shots on target).... as should have McGuane

and Joseph looked so much better and more likely to score ( though maybe needs a bit more shooting practice?) in a central role- maybe use Smith or Konate in the wider role in an attacking trio?

Interesting that Donks was dropped from the matchday squad, - and played in the U18 (or was it U19) league game at home to Swindon, and scored 2 goals - 1 a pen, the other a well worked well taken diagonal shot across the keeper- in the 4-1 home win. Donks has scored regularly in U18/U19/U21 squad matches , he's been learning a lot, and quickly too in his first team appearances. A useful, powerful, strong ( getting stronger too) option for the bench to bring on, or even start some games. Hope he's back in the squad tomorrow night- if he features, I fancy him to either score or get an assist (or 2) - ( side note OUFC U16s beat their Swindon counterparts 3-2 on sat morning too)

Murphy - we all know has issues - factoring that in, why is he starting matches. He seemed to me to be totally uninterested for the entire 45 minutes he was on the pitch. Was it the poor pitch the ball did seem to bobble around a lot, that stopped him getting involved, or was it down to his underlying issues, or maybe something else. For me he didn't earn a penny of his substantial wage on Saturday.

Im still not sure if Bate and Brannagan 'work' properly together- whether its Bran looking like he's trying too hard, or a case of the Lampard Gerrard both not working as they should, in an England team ,a while ago, Im still, for now undecided

final comment - MK stewards . At/ around HT a rather well oiled younger OUFC follower towards the back of of a section of the awaysupport, for some reason thought it was funny to lift his top and repeatedly waggle his nipples ( on his moobs) at the stewards while goading them abusively.. He was, probably rightly, ejected ( I presume).... this led to a larger steward presence along the pitchside ( seemingly doubled in numbers after we equalised)- problem being that the first two or three rows of travelling away fans, -first row had youngsters with a few (irate) dads accompanying them- the view of the game, was either blocked, or at the very least impeded, even when some-( some didn't ) stewards crouched down. Leading to (obviously) annoyed/ irate shouting directed at the stewards pitchside, from rightly pissed off people in the first 2-3 rows. Assume stewards were acting on instructions from senior 'safety' personnel at MK stadium? Here's a thought ( maybe @OUSP Secretary can raise this?) , in future why not 1) open the empty section behind the goal in the away section, and 2) not use/sell the first 3 rows closest to the pitch in the entirety of the away section?. Then stewards, when instructed, can walk/ strut about in front of the away fans , without stopping visitors from actually watching the game they have paid to watch, or for that matter invoking annoyance.

Last edited:
final comment - MK stewards . At/ around HT a rather well oiled younger OUFC follower towards the back of of a section of the awaysupport, for some reason thought it was funny to lift his top and repeatedly waggle his nipples ( on his moobs) at the stewards while goading them abusively.. He was, probably rightly, ejected ( I presume).... this led to a larger steward presence along the pitchside ( seemingly doubled in numbers after we equalised)- problem being that the first two or three rows of travelling away fans, -first row had youngsters with a few (irate) dads accompanying them- the view of the game, either blocked or at the very least impeded, even when some-( some didn't ) crouch down. Leading to annoyed shouting directed at the stewards pitchside from rightly pissed off people in the first 2-3 rows. Assume stewards were acting on instructions from senior 'safety' personal at MK stadium? Heres a thought ( maybe @OUSP Secretary can raise this?) , in future why not 1) open the empty section behind the goal in the away section, and not use/sell the first 3 rows closest to the pitch. Then stewards, when instructed, can walk/ strut about in front of the away fans , without stopping visitors from actually watching the game they have paid to watch.
There appeared to be a well orchestrated attempt to goad the stewards by a group of young and fairly boisterous lads (for want of a better word)
It has been mentioned elsewhere that their actions were not appreciated by many also, that they did not appear to be the usual OUFC supporters rather, a group from Banbury?
That this resulted in other supporters having their view of the game impeded is really not good. Anything that results in Oxford gaining a reputation as trouble is regrettable and will only bring more stewards and more police into the games.
Thankfully, the stewards had implemented a "sit where you like" policy from the outset. I hate to think what could have happened had it been allocated seating!

My first game this season (for a vatiety of reasons), I could not believe how poor we were in the first half! I had been feeling bad about not renewing my ST, but having watched the first 45, I thought I'd probably made the right decision (coupled with the lairy children baiting stewards and later letting off flares etc.).

Second half made me feel a bit more like I was watching Oxford United. The subs were great, but why they weren't playing from the beginning.............

pretty much exactly as I saw it- agree neither Murphy or Konate gave any cover/ help of note to Fleming or Anderson

re Anderson,I think he is better utilised when he's not playing FB- at least he provides some cover/ help for who is playing behind him

Fleming was exposed time and again ( no help no back up)- which began almost at the start, he was turned inside out on a few occasions, but under those circumstances did his best

Agree 100% that Goodrham and Wildschut should have started ( if only the latter can start to get his shots on target).... as should have McGuane

and Joseph looked so much better and more likely to score ( though maybe needs a bit more shooting practice?) in a central role- maybe use Smith or Konate in the wider role in an attacking trio?

Interesting that Donks was dropped from the matchday squad, - and played in the U18 (or was it U19) league game at home to Swindon, and scored 2 goals - 1 a pen, the other a well worked well taken diagonal shot across the keeper- in the 4-1 home win. Donks has scored regularly in U18/U19/U21 squad matches , he's been learning a lot, and quickly too in his first team appearances. A useful, powerful, strong ( getting stronger too) option for the bench to bring on, or even start some games. Hope he's back in the squad tomorrow night- if he features, I fancy him to either score or get an assist (or 2) - ( side note OUFC U16s beat their Swindon counterparts 3-2 on sat morning too)

Murphy - we all know has issues - factoring that in, why is he starting matches. He seemed to me to be totally uninterested for the entire 45 minutes he was on the pitch. Was it the poor pitch the ball did seem to bobble around a lot, that stopped him getting involved, or was it down to his underlying issues, or maybe something else. For me he didn't earn a penny of his substantial wage on Saturday.

Im still not sure if Bate and Brannagan 'work' properly together- whether its Bran looking like he's trying too hard, or a case of the Lampard Gerrard both networking as they should in an England team ,a while ago, Im still, for now undecided

final comment - MK stewards . At/ around HT a rather well oiled younger OUFC follower towards the back of of a section of the awaysupport, for some reason thought it was funny to lift his top and repeatedly waggle his nipples ( on his moobs) at the stewards while goading them abusively.. He was, probably rightly, ejected ( I presume).... this led to a larger steward presence along the pitchside ( seemingly doubled in numbers after we equalised)- problem being that the first two or three rows of travelling away fans, -first row had youngsters with a few (irate) dads accompanying them- the view of the game, was either blocked, or at the very least impeded, even when some-( some didn't ) stewards crouched down. Leading to (obviously) annoyed/ irate shouting directed at the stewards pitchside, from rightly pissed off people in the first 2-3 rows. Assume stewards were acting on instructions from senior 'safety' personnel at MK stadium? Here's a thought ( maybe @OUSP Secretary can raise this?) , in future why not 1) open the empty section behind the goal in the away section, and 2) not use/sell the first 3 rows closest to the pitch in the entirety of the away section?. Then stewards, when instructed, can walk/ strut about in front of the away fans , without stopping visitors from actually watching the game they have paid to watch, or for that matter invoking annoyance.
I was one of the people at the front & the stewards did get abuse from me & a few others. Was totally deserved, one steward in particular was trying to ask for someone to be ejected & then decided it was a good idea to stand in front of where we were taking a a dangerous free kick, so then got hurled more abuse at. I don’t advocate abusing stewards but at least know when you are ruining the experience, not for adults who can stand up, but young kids in the first rows who’s view is already not the greatest. Said steward also tried staring out a few people including me and people a few rows behind and got abuse for that as well. MK really need to work on their stewarding, however the idiots doubling up in the back portion of the stand deserve all the trouble they got. Stupid chants like ‘steward is a peado’ ain’t going to earn you any favours & is quite frankly a pathetic insult. Don’t mind giving them a bit of verbal but some of our chanting is embarrassing to say the least. I took myself away from that section at the end of last season as they are just looking for confrontation half the time & sometimes their are 3 people to a seat all double stacked or triple stacked on some occasions. Especially annoying if it’s your seat, which could explain why the situation with the old bloke on social media hitting that fan on social media happened. Don’t condone it, but their are too many young lads who give it large & then when someone confronts them they run a mile.

I was one of the people at the front & the stewards did get abuse from me & a few others. Was totally deserved, one steward in particular was trying to ask for someone to be ejected & then decided it was a good idea to stand in front of where we were taking a a dangerous free kick, so then got hurled more abuse at. I don’t advocate abusing stewards but at least know when you are ruining the experience, not for adults who can stand up, but young kids in the first rows who’s view is already not the greatest. Said steward also tried staring out a few people including me and people a few rows behind and got abuse for that as well. MK really need to work on their stewarding, however the idiots doubling up in the back portion of the stand deserve all the trouble they got. Stupid chants like ‘steward is a peado’ ain’t going to earn you any favours & is quite frankly a pathetic insult. Don’t mind giving them a bit of verbal but some of our chanting is embarrassing to say the least. I took myself away from that section at the end of last season as they are just looking for confrontation half the time & sometimes their are 3 people to a seat all double stacked or triple stacked on some occasions. Especially annoying if it’s your seat, which could explain why the situation with the old bloke on social media hitting that fan on social media happened. Don’t condone it, but their are too many young lads who give it large & then when someone confronts them they run a mile.

Thankfully I was sat well away from the nonsense.
Surprised they got a flare in when there was a lot of searching going on when entering the ground and a dog sniffing about too.
Two wrongs don't make a right. These idiots should be ejected and the stewards who are just there for confrontation with everyone when given the opportunity should be thrown off the job too.
Misbehaviour will not help our Triangle cause. They need calling out now.

Thankfully I was sat well away from the nonsense.
Surprised they got a flare in when there was a lot of searching going on when entering the ground and a dog sniffing about too.
Two wrongs don't make a right. These idiots should be ejected and the stewards who are just there for confrontation with everyone when given the opportunity should be thrown off the job too.
Misbehaviour will not help our Triangle cause. They need calling out now.
I agree, first thing I said to my mate, you can bet the anti’s will be trawling through all this on social media & using it against the club.

Yeah, no idea how they got a flare in when they were searching everyone entering the ground.

Stewards stood there with that section for about 15 minutes just arguing. Pick out the trouble makers and kick them out 1 by 1. It’s really not that difficult. Instead they were there just to antagonise the situation. I like a sing & a bit of a fiery atmosphere as much as the next person, but some of our younger fans & a few of the older ones are total idiots. Like I said, I separated away from them the end of last season as all they wanted to do was cause trouble most of the time yet wouldn’t say boo to a goose in reality. Some have been the ones to give it large on social media lately & when they get called out they run a mile, I know one such person who hasn’t been for 3 games as 1. He’s protesting against KR leaving & 2. He’s s*** himself as he offered people out on social media via DM’s & comments & when he gets called out on it & asked to back it up he s*** himself, So I ain’t got much sympathy for any of that gang. They don’t even make that good of an atmosphere. They were too busy arguing with the stewards on Saturday. Time for many of them to grow up I think.

I agree, first thing I said to my mate, you can bet the anti’s will be trawling through all this on social media & using it against the club.

Yeah, no idea how they got a flare in when they were searching everyone entering the ground.

Stewards stood there with that section for about 15 minutes just arguing. Pick out the trouble makers and kick them out 1 by 1. It’s really not that difficult. Instead they were there just to antagonise the situation. I like a sing & a bit of a fiery atmosphere as much as the next person, but some of our younger fans & a few of the older ones are total idiots. Like I said, I separated away from them the end of last season as all they wanted to do was cause trouble most of the time yet wouldn’t say boo to a goose in reality. Some have been the ones to give it large on social media lately & when they get called out they run a mile, I know one such person who hasn’t been for 3 games as 1. He’s protesting against KR leaving & 2. He’s s*** himself as he offered people out on social media via DM’s & comments & when he gets called out on it & asked to back it up he s*** himself, So I ain’t got much sympathy for any of that gang. They don’t even make that good of an atmosphere. They were too busy arguing with the stewards on Saturday. Time for many of them to grow up I think.
When the Ultras disappeared there was a void that the likes of this lot slip into occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom