Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.12 - MK Dons at home

Quite a restrained view Paul! I'm led to believe that action is being considered. My concern would be that it would take direct action of a concerted level to bring about the required changes. That means having someone here with an oversight of progress and recruitment.

Yep sums the sorry mess up perfectly… I guess we’ll find out this week exactly how tuned in our owners are. If we hear nothing from them that will speak volumes.

Robinson Did acknowledge that the results weren’t good enough yesterday didn’t he, I would actually say that the results have been better than the performances have deserved. I actually believe that we can’t get any worse, surely we’ve bottomed out.

Robinson Did acknowledge that the results weren’t good enough yesterday didn’t he, I would actually say that the results have been better than the performances have deserved. I actually believe that we can’t get any worse, surely we’ve bottomed out.
That is quite an optimistic take given the fact we've not yet played Ipswich, Wednesday, Pompey.
Why do you think we've bottomed out?

Using your stats that’s 20 points from the last 17 league games (a decent sample size), which is about 54/55 points over a whole season. That’s above relegation just about, but, the points per game has gone down since the start of this season, we seem to have a weaker squad and that hasn’t been a killer run over those 17 games, if anything it’s been a kind one.

The whole we are to good to go down seems to be based on finishing just outside the play offs last season, but we haven’t shown that kind of form for nearly 6 months, have lost good players and replaced them with a load that hardly play (even the best summer signing Brown was here second half of last season).

You have to worry that we will be that side that will just sleep walk into relegation, still talking about the play offs when we should be looking at the other end of the table.

Listing to the post match chat on RadOx yesterday (and reading some of the posts of this board) I really don't understand how the fact that this season's start is not quite as awful (at least points-wise) as some previous season's poor starts is held up as some sort of reason to give KR more time! His poor close seasons that almost inevitably lead to us starting at a stumble are in themselves a huge reason to question his skills, and we should be comparing how we do with the better teams in the league, not with his own historically dismal record!

Listing to the post match chat on RadOx yesterday (and reading some of the posts of this board) I really don't understand how the fact that this season's start is not quite as awful (at least points-wise) as some previous season's poor starts is held up as some sort of reason to give KR more time! His poor close seasons that almost inevitably lead to us starting at a stumble are in themselves a huge reason to question his skills, and we should be comparing how we do with the better teams in the league, not with his own historically dismal record!
Totally agree.

As always spot on Paul

I wish the new Board were a bit more hands on
Manorlounger has alluded to things going on and maybe KR isn’t as safe as some here including me think
But certainly KR has run out of ideas and the last two transfer windows have been abject

Very measured and sensible. And on another note I’m impressed by all the drinking and walking you did before the game!

There is also a hell of a lot of assuming going on that this season will naturally go the way of previous ones, and that the bad start will inevitably give way to rip roaring success as the team charges it’s way up the table.

It’s possible, but it isn’t a given. In fact, I would wager that the more times it happens, the more likely it becomes that just once, the trend won’t be magically reversed. What then?

It shouldn’t be the case that four seasons out of five we’ve either struggled or failed to get one point per game across the first ten fixtures. That points to a fundamental flaw.

There is also a hell of a lot of assuming going on that this season will naturally go the way of previous ones, and that the bad start will inevitably give way to rip roaring success as the team charges it’s way up the table.

It’s possible, but it isn’t a given. In fact, I would wager that the more times it happens, the more likely it becomes that just once, the trend won’t be magically reversed. What then?

It shouldn’t be the case that four seasons out of five we’ve either struggled or failed to get one point per game across the first ten fixtures. That points to a fundamental flaw.
Also, this isn’t a normal stuttering start - we’re bloody awful rather than misfiring, and have big holes in the squad

Completely agree with every word Paul. An utter shambles of a transfer window. Everyone could see what was needed but Robbo continues with his injury prone gambles. It was obvious we needed a couple of full/ wing backs. Finally got one in from Lazio but obviously he can't be fit/ ready! Although we faded away last April I really enjoyed the Football last season. 9 games in and I haven't enjoyed 1 game. Says it all really. I really can't work out what Robbo has done!! Been looking forward to Charlton away for weeks, not sure I even want to go now. Well not for the Football anyway!!

Back
Top Bottom