Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.19 - Shrewsbury away

I agree with a lot of your analysis...the older recruits this time have not added to experience or guile as most of them aren't getting a kick let alone on the pitch- MT is nothing without speedy service or link up play and any hopes to replace Whyte, Holland or Sykes, Williams as much as we also found them frustrating has seriously backfired. There can't be any hope left whatsoever for the powers that be and the stress and strain is clear to listen to.

I agree with a lot of your analysis...the older recruits this time have not added to experience or guile as most of them aren't getting a kick let alone on the pitch- MT is nothing without speedy service or link up play and any hopes to replace Whyte, Holland or Sykes, Williams as much as we also found them frustrating has seriously backfired. There can't be any hope left whatsoever for the powers that be and the stress and strain is clear to listen to.

Not to undermine your point but Holland hasn't done anything at all at MK.

I am pleased to say, you got the last bit total wrong!
And Shrewsbury was not the horror story you say, a point away from home is a point after all.

And Shrewsbury was not the horror story you say, a point away from home is a point after all.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and all but one or two of the head in the sand posters on this forum would've predicted such a result against Vale, so I'd chill back on that one mate. And it was indeed a sh!t show of a game.

Spot on article, as ever.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and all but one or two of the head in the sand posters on this forum would've predicted such a result against Vale, so I'd chill back on that one mate. And it was indeed a sh!t show of a game.

Did you go to the game?

No, I watched on ifollow and caught up with friends and family that were there. How come?
That is my point, the way the team and fans was after the game was, yes this is something we are building on here!
But everyone has a different view, do they not?

That is my point, the way the team and fans was after the game was, yes this is something we are building on here!
Which fans?

Not sure what you mean, I don’t think many predicted the Vale result. The Shrews game sounded dreadful but a point away at a team higher in the league is always useful if you can start to win home games.

Hi, yes fair and valid points there, as everyone has their own take on things as you wrote. And being there you take in every nuance.

My point was the game itself was absolute bilge, with a few moments of better football. Both sides seemed like they were involved in the irritating side of football, with diving etc.

I would also add that yes, an away point at Shrewsbury is a fairly good result, especially with how things have been currently.

I am still firmly in the KR Out side of things, and struggle with all the reasons that have been said thousands of times as to why he should go, including his recruitment.

I respect you for going to the game.

Disagree - This is what i said - "I’m struggling to think of anything to convince me that Saturday will bring a good home performance at last and a clean sheet to go with three points. The evidence just hasn’t been there to support such optimism – and we’ll be without Brannagan, Joseph and Anderson along with all the other regulars who are nowhere near being in a fit state for the first team." And I was struggling at the time based on the evidence. What I did get totally wrong was saying we would be without Anderson - hold my hand up to that. Think i read somewhere he was definitely out. Shrewsbury was bloody dismal. I don't get those fans who say it will come good because it always does. I would respect their opinion more if they explained with logical argument why they thought the next game will bring loads of goals and joy as the happened on Saturday. Anyway I'm just about to publish the Port Vale FV - once more I've based my opinion on the evidence before me.
But as has often been said it's all about opinions.

Port Vale was honestly the first home game I have enjoyed all season. That’s a sad indictment.
I enjoyed our performances at Bolton and Exeter, and partly at Derby.
That’s slim pickings in entertainment. And yes, I do think entertaining fans is part of a club’s responsibility.

Hi, yes fair and valid points there, as everyone has their own take on things as you wrote. And being there you take in every nuance.

My point was the game itself was absolute bilge, with a few moments of better football. Both sides seemed like they were involved in the irritating side of football, with diving etc.

I would also add that yes, an away point at Shrewsbury is a fairly good result, especially with how things have been currently.

I am still firmly in the KR Out side of things, and struggle with all the reasons that have been said thousands of times as to why he should go, including his recruitment.

I respect you for going to the game.
And to be honest, A good post!

Back
Top Bottom