Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - no.42 - Shrewsbury away

A good read, as ever.

Enjoyed the Spinal Tap referencing photo at the top of the article too [emoji1303]

eaae317de58eba31a13dd2c06e2484e9.jpg

Great report as usual, thanks Paul.
There was a small fleeting compliment to the ref a "Well done Mr Davies" in your report. I thought he had a good game.
But I didn't recognise the name, so who is he and has he refereed us before?
He is the only ref in the EFL who has played professional football. He played for Gillingham, Pompey and Yeovil.
First season of being referee was in season 2004/05
In 2016/17 he was promoted to Select Gp 2, which means he mainly refs Championship. So he has probably been slightly ahead of us as we have moved up the divisions. He has only been in charge of 3 of our games before:- 20/4/21 Wimbledon A lost 2-1 (Really don't remember that one); 20/9/20 Lincoln A lost 2-0 (Sent off Rob Atkinson)
..... and then the other one, god knows why I don't remember the ref's name for this match
16/03/2019 Bradford H Won 1-0 with THAT infamous Jamie Mackie goal !!

Great report as usual, thanks Paul.
There was a small fleeting compliment to the ref a "Well done Mr Davies" in your report. I thought he had a good game.
But I didn't recognise the name, so who is he and has he refereed us before?
He is the only ref in the EFL who has played professional football. He played for Gillingham, Pompey and Yeovil.
First season of being referee was in season 2004/05
In 2016/17 he was promoted to Select Gp 2, which means he mainly refs Championship. So he has probably been slightly ahead of us as we have moved up the divisions. He has only been in charge of 3 of our games before:- 20/4/21 Wimbledon A lost 2-1 (Really don't remember that one); 20/9/20 Lincoln A lost 2-0 (Sent off Rob Atkinson)
..... and then the other one, god knows why I don't remember the ref's name for this match
16/03/2019 Bradford H Won 1-0 with THAT infamous Jamie Mackie goal !!
Wimbledon was when we were winning and looking good till he sent off James Henry and gave a penalty! It was the right decision though

Always a good read. We headed on into Wales after overnighting near to Shrewsbury, Wales, of course, is still governed by Welsh Covid restrictions. Had to remember face masks etc to go into any establishment. It was all a little surreal given that for a couple of weeks now we hadn't bothered. Visiting an elderly, quite sick old friend meant that we flow tested before leaving home - both of us negative, thankfully but, it made us think again that it's not all done with just yet. Happily our friend was in reasonable form and enjoyed an afternoon of sandwiches and wine.

Back
Top Bottom