Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.18 - Fleetwood at home

Watching it on ifollow I took a bit notice of how both teams set up when not having the ball.
Fleetwood had a solid structure, clear lines of players that moved in unison covering the whole pitch, with minimal movement they could halt anything we tried to do, they had a consistent pattern which they reverted to when we had the ball, that was well drilled and organised, whereas god knows what structure we had, it has haphazard, no consistent lines of players, it looked more like my subbuteo team from the 70's. The lack of a strong consistent formation and full backs wandering about makes it so easy for the opposition to get through.
... and yet again the first attack, Eastwood is still asleep, and like every home game first shot on target from the opposition leads to a goal. Uphill struggle thereafter. To have 3 goalkeepers but none good enough is a shocking position to be in.
Fans in the East Stand said that the shot which led to their goal swerved/moved a lot, so may be it wasn’t as easy for Eastwood as some make out.

I was more disappointed by the 10 players in front of Eastwood e.g. not switched on, poor passing (Moore’s kick into touch which lacked effort/direction/length etc). If there’s nothing on then at least put it beyond their defence so they have to at least turn and get the ball, rather than a nonchalant attempt up the line, christ do it with some conviction.

And as for Findlay, he’s a liability waiting to happen. Never seen a centre back play with so much panic in their face than him when he’s on the ball. And why he just doesn’t pass the ball to Brown who’s out wider than him is beyond me. He tends to just go back inside to Moore or Eastwood which stops any momentum. Add to that Seddon (never a professional footballer) you’ve got a poor foundation to build from.

Banana skin Sunday!!

]

Look at results since new owners took over. There’s an improvement.

Hope you’re well Sean.
PPG up from 1.11 to 1.3 but home form is worse.
Home results since the takeover
lost to Chelsea kids 1-2
lost to Wycombe 0-1
lost to Peterborough 1-2
drew with Fleetwood 1-1
I'm struggling to call that an improvement.

Fans in the East Stand said that the shot which led to their goal swerved/moved a lot, so may be it wasn’t as easy for Eastwood as some make out.

I was more disappointed by the 10 players in front of Eastwood e.g. not switched on, poor passing (Moore’s kick into touch which lacked effort/direction/length etc). If there’s nothing on then at least put it beyond their defence so they have to at least turn and get the ball, rather than a nonchalant attempt up the line, christ do it with some conviction.

And as for Findlay, he’s a liability waiting to happen. Never seen a centre back play with so much panic in their face than him when he’s on the ball. And why he just doesn’t pass the ball to Brown who’s out wider than him is beyond me. He tends to just go back inside to Moore or Eastwood which stops any momentum. Add to that Seddon (never a professional footballer) you’ve got a poor foundation to build from.

Banana skin Sunday!!
Good point and fair enough regarding Easty. It looked poor from my seat and on the replays. But absolutely agree it is about the whole bloody team not being switched on.

Good point and fair enough regarding Easty. It looked poor from my seat and on the replays. But absolutely agree it is about the whole bloody team not being switched on.

I sit centrally at the back of the East Stand. The ball certainly swerved and dipped, making it tricky to judge, but it was essentially straight at Eastwood so it felt like he should have done better to parry it to a less dangerous area of the box.

But yes, the reaction from his defenders post-save wasn’t good enough either.

It was no joy watching us lose to Wycombe, no joy being trounced by Blackpool and, it was no joy watching the end of last season. There have been a few good results in between and some good football but, the truth is that the team has been in decline and the necessary replacements not been brought in.
There was precious little joy at the Burton game either and we won that,bored to death in that one

Back
Top Bottom