Fan Engagement Plan

Carbon copy of the OUSP set up with the club now dictating terms and replacing the confidentiality clause and policy with one of their own design.
I recognise the wording of the MoU from the FSA template.

A new SLO to be recruited to replace Andy Taylor but, fully under control of Benson. It's even written into the terms of being on this FAB that you say nothing except what has been sanctioned by the FAB under the control of the club. That's not communicating with the fanbase, that's simply a marketing ploy.

A summary report will be written by the Chair, agreed by all parties and published online no later than 10 working days from the date of the meeting alongside a copy of the minutes. FAB members should not publish nor discuss any details of the meeting prior to that point, unless specifically allowed for at the meeting. Should any items within the meeting be deemed as confidential these will be redacted from the published version of the minutes (as per Confidentiality Policy).

We are all customers. Regardless of the colourful brochure with pretty pictures, we are customers to be governed by commercial and marketing ploys.

Bin this nonsense.

Surprised they’ve announced this considering @OUSP & @OxVox have said they have not supported it yet.
Are you really surprised?

The club will simply hide behind the fact that they are simply rolling out a national recommendation. It’s a load of tosh. An independent supporters group should be all that’s needed.

I know how about that Benson chappie turns this idea sideways cover's it in whatever topping he likes and shoves it right up Timmy's a**e

Well I feel happy now 😀

Time for a strong statement from OxVox saying they don’t support this.

I’d also be keen to hear from those on the OUSP where they stand with this and what they see happening going forward?

Surely this FAB means it is the end of OUSP? If that is the case then I hope those who have done a good job for the panel offer their services to OxVox.

Time for a strong statement from OxVox saying they don’t support this.

I’d also be keen to hear from those on the OUSP where they stand with this and what they see happening going forward?

Surely this FAB means it is the end of OUSP? If that is the case then I hope those who have done a good job for the panel offer their services to OxVox.

I’d like to think 99% of OxVox members would be against this & so would the majority of OUSP.

I don’t see any benefits.

Good timing that, just after the last OxVox newsletter and the day before the Fans Forum.

This might be an own goal in regards to the forum.

I really do hope Benson turns up for it so him and Tim have to actually face their ‘customers’ and hear some home truths.

Anyone able to do a bullet points as to the pros & cons of this ‘fans engagement plan’?

Anyone able to do a bullet points as to the pros & cons of this ‘fans engagement plan’?
I think reading the (fairly short of words but full of pictures) pdf wouldn't take too long.

IMO. for those who thought OUSP was a bit toothless, the FAB will make them look like anarchist rottweilers. It's a terrible and divisive idea and is being brought in so that the club hierarchy can control outgoing information as much as possible - while saying it has been sanctioned by supporters representatives.

I am intending to 'attend' the forum tonight online - I suspect I might need to take a few deep breaths now and again. I can't help but get the feeling that the soul of the club is being stolen by these charlatans.

I think reading the (fairly short of words but full of pictures) pdf wouldn't take too long.

IMO. for those who thought OUSP was a bit toothless, the FAB will make them look like anarchist rottweilers. It's a terrible and divisive idea and is being brought in so that the club hierarchy can control outgoing information as much as possible - while saying it has been sanctioned by supporters representatives.

I am intending to 'attend' the forum tonight online - I suspect I might need to take a few deep breaths now and again. I can't help but get the feeling that the soul of the club is being stolen by these charlatans.
Not sure if you attended , but there were lots of opportunities to challange this engagement plan and no one said a f#king thing.

No, was watching online. Am an exile and couldn't get there tonight.

Not sure if you attended , but there were lots of opportunities to challange this engagement plan and no one said a f#king thing.
It did seem people forgot that they were trying to dilute the voice of the fans and other this new ‘FAB’. Especially considering Timmy was trying to wax lyrical about it at the start.

I am interested on the Oxvox view on any changes made to this.
To me, for this to be successful, Oxvox especially need to be on board with it.

Full details on the plan can be found here...

Oxford United Fan Engagement Plan (PDF)
It's all good and well, but other than a yearly event how much of this will actually make a difference for your average fan?

Having boards, panels, meetings etc is completely pointless unless it actually translates into direct action being taken to improve fan experience.

Do we trust those running the club to actually take heed of any of the things raised? Or is this just a token response to stop the complaints about how fans are being treated?

Very little opportunity to do so. I had my hand raised and numerous questions but, having had my go with a question, I was at the back of the queue. There is a feedback request via the club website, I would suggest you utilise that, as I will later today.
I did have a brief word with Janine of the OUSP who seemed to think it might work. I am not convinced. My own thoughts are that the models to follow would be the examples of Brentford and Reading - the latter has obvious motivation, the former has a very popular and engaged set up.

Still better would be to make use of the existing organisations.

It's all good and well, but other than a yearly event how much of this will actually make a difference for your average fan?

Having boards, panels, meetings etc is completely pointless unless it actually translates into direct action being taken to improve fan experience.

Do we trust those running the club to actually take heed of any of the things raised? Or is this just a token response to stop the complaints about how fans are being treated?
box ticking exercise IMO

Back
Top Bottom