East Stand Mural Project

Idea for 'murals at the back of the east stand is to replace the vacum of coloursince the Ultras disbanded ... images, photographs etc look good close up , but meld into a greyish blur visually, from any distance away .... the yellow with blue images at least would provide a mainly yellow with a bit of blue on top, wall of colour at the back of the east stand, which , for me is the aim of the project... isnt it?

The picture idea is good if they were stand alone pictures. I'd personally like to see the iconic pictures on the ends of the inside walls on each stand like Bournemouth have. Then at the back of the east stand have a banner type board for example 'time for heros' going along. It would be a lot more effect than having to make so many good moments crammed together.

Idea for 'murals at the back of the east stand is to replace the vacum of coloursince the Ultras disbanded ... images, photographs etc look good close up , but meld into a greyish blur visually, from any distance away .... the yellow with blue images at least would provide a mainly yellow with a bit of blue on top, wall of colour at the back of the east stand, which , for me is the aim of the project... isnt it?

Better go to Specsavers. :)

The other reason to do a bucket collection at the Kasstad is to raise awareness for non-members who aren't particularly active online.

Worries me that this is all costing a lot of money.
I don't recall the Ultra's ever needing this much work and cash to put up some "colour". As I recall, their displays were always noticed. If all we need is not the grey blank wall, could I suggest a couple of gallons of blue and yellow paint?

Worries me that this is all costing a lot of money.
I don't recall the Ultra's ever needing this much work and cash to put up some "colour". As I recall, their displays were always noticed. If all we need is not the grey blank wall, could I suggest a couple of gallons of blue and yellow paint?
The ultras received many donations and they gave their time for free. They could not have achieved what they did without financial support, though.

The delta is £3.5k or 50p for each attendee on Saturday. It really isn’t a great deal of money.

The ultras received many donations and they gave their time for free. They could not have achieved what they did without financial support, though.

The delta is £3.5k or 50p for each attendee on Saturday. It really isn’t a great deal of money.
I supported the Ultra's financially and have donated to this project quite some time ago, it just concerns me that there does not appear to be a coherent direction to the project. As @Essexyellows said:
Some of us may have sponsored some time ago (June) and have only now had chance to vote. :rolleyes:
Trying to send folk on a "guilt trip" with the tweet "200 votes & only 2 donations" is a fast way to P**s folk off.
I could ask why the committee didn`t put the horse in front of the cart?
Design it, cost it, fundraise. Simple.

Some photos will undoubtedly work better than others as part of a mural, and some better in a particular style of mural.

Unless you have a good artistic eye and/ or experience in this line of work, then all you can do is vote for your favourite photos, donate a few quid, and let the designers do the rest. Which is what I’ve done.:)

I’m sure whatever is put in place will look so much better than what we have at the moment!

Exactly this.

Better go to Specsavers. :)
Ive still got A1 vision , and no need for spectacles, as yet, albeit Im in me 60's now ;)

a quick look at the back page of todays OM gives an idea of what 2 of the Oxvox designs may look like ... viewed from a distance ... the one using photos does appear blurred to grey ... tho anyone longsighted might see em a bit clearer ?

I'd rather put money in for a goog cause like purchasing season tickets for the neady.
I don't think we should be brightoning up Kassams stadium.

Hi Sandy

If you read through our meeting notes and updates you’ll see that we have donated thousands of pounds towards a sensory room at the Kassam stadium within the past 18 months. We have also recently presented, together with one of our members, 2 season tickets for exclusive use by OUFC In The Community for this season.

Hope this helps with your query.

OxVox

For anyone attending on Saturday, we will be manning our stall in the front of the South Stand bar from just after 1pm. Cash donations will be taken if that is your preference.

Pop along and ask any questions you like, it’ll be nice to put some faces to forum names.

I really don't like the idea of a series of pictures being used, the whole point was to add colour and have a visual impact which in my opinion won't be achieved. I voted but by the 3rd option lost interest.

This is like Brexit all over again with the wrong question being asked ?

I’m struggling to see how this is costing £7k?? The ultras made some amazing designs and flags- they can’t have been anywhere near that much, surely!!??

I’m struggling to see how this is costing £7k?? The ultras made some amazing designs and flags- they can’t have been anywhere near that much, surely!!??
Do you come to that conclusion because you’re in the business?

Perhaps someone who used to be in the group could tell us what the displays cost to put on?

I would suggest that installing a permanent/movable fixture made by contractors etc at the ground comes with a raft of regulations & H&S and cost.

Whereas waving a (fire retardant) flag around made by volunteers is a lot cheaper.

Personally I would just paint the grey panels alternate yellow & blue.............. but I doubt FK would sanction that.

I would suggest that installing a permanent/movable fixture made by contractors etc at the ground comes with a raft of regulations & H&S and cost.

Whereas waving a (fire retardant) flag around made by volunteers is a lot cheaper.

Personally I would just paint the grey panels alternate yellow & blue.............. but I doubt FK would sanction that.
I believe that a (often) generous sponsor and poster on these very forums is installing it for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom