Mural update 15/10/19

OxVox

An update on the East Stand mural can be found here ?? oxvox.org.uk/mural-final-vo…

Please take 5 mins to read it and have your say.

I would if the link was clickable, or are we supposed to guess the full hyperlink

An update on the East Stand mural can be found here ?? oxvox.org.uk/mural-final-vo…

Please take 5 mins to read it and have your say.
Any reason why we are continuing with the use of Photos? Whether full colour or shades of yellow and blue, neither are clear enough to make out from a distance. Yes there is colour but in my opinion, just doesn't look very good. The Photos look good close up in the tunnel to try and intimidate away players etc but those types of Images from 100 yards away don't work for me.

I do appreciate the effort. But the first Poll question asks which design I prefer, there is no "Neither" Option so cannot move onto the next question(s).

At the end of the day anything is better than nothing but even the flags with slogan's and the odd "OUFC" look better than blurred pictures. Unless it's just my eyes!!

Thanks for the work put in.

Any reason why we are continuing with the use of Photos? Whether full colour or shades of yellow and blue, neither are clear enough to make out from a distance. Yes there is colour but in my opinion, just doesn't look very good. The Photos look good close up in the tunnel to try and intimidate away players etc but those types of Images from 100 yards away don't work for me.

I do appreciate the effort. But the first Poll question asks which design I prefer, there is no "Neither" Option so cannot move onto the next question(s).

At the end of the day anything is better than nothing but even the flags with slogan's and the odd "OUFC" look better than blurred pictures. Unless it's just my eyes!!

From OxVox email 13th October:

"...it has been suggested by some that prints of the old banners or some more abstract representation would be preferable to action pictures. We reviewed a lot of options before moving forward but the original idea put to Firoka some years ago was that of pictures. Given that seeking permission for a different design would inevitably create further delay, we felt our best option was to stick with the agreed format"

The survey is one question. Which do you prefer. These are the two options that Oxvox are giving us. The boards are going up and the pictures have been chosen, it’s just a very simple survey. Neither is not an option.....

From OxVox email 13th October:

"...it has been suggested by some that prints of the old banners or some more abstract representation would be preferable to action pictures. We reviewed a lot of options before moving forward but the original idea put to Firoka some years ago was that of pictures. Given that seeking permission for a different design would inevitably create further delay, we felt our best option was to stick with the agreed format"
Thanks, that answers my question. I think I'd rather have a further delay and get it look the best it possibly can be, especially considering the cost. But as said any colour will be better than whats on show at the moment.

Taking all in to consideration, this "mural" is going to be a back drop for about another 6 years. Thereafter OUFC will, in all probability, have moved into a new stadium of OUFC design and decoration. FK, through Firoka, is never going to allow us free rein over what we put up and already the proviso has been made that even this mural has to be of a design that allows it to be removed at the whim of FK/Firoka.
I would rather see something other than a blank concrete wall and if this is the best that can be done for the moment, so be it. Oxvox have my money and I would like to see something produced.

Edited for Mr Cannell. ?

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you got that from? I dont think that was ever suggested ( unless I missed something)

Well, tbh I never really looked at it too hard, just donated, and assumed it would be something similar

I don't like either myself, one looks like a colour blind theme, other too hard to make out what it is from a distance.
I thought it was going to be a replica or close to what the ultras put up.

What made you think that?

Back
Top Bottom