Mural update 15/10/19

Oxvox made the mistake of asking for an opinion...should of just cracked on and done what they thought best...im sure we would have been happy as it would be better than what we have now...i cant recall being asked what i wanted the ultras to produce after donating to them....oxvox have done a great job of complicating something simple.
interesting perspective @witney50

OxVox (committee), with the mural situation, along with some other projects they are involved in, get criticized whichever or whatever ever they do. Damned if they do, damned if they don't is often where OxVox committee members find themselves .
I don't always agree with what OxVox committee decides on doing, but as a member of OxVox, I'm happy that all OxVox members opinions are sought by the committee... sometimes a wider range, (outside of OxVox members), of OUFC supporters opinions are also taken on board too. Which has been the case with the decision regarding the appearance of the (soon to be installed) East Stand mural(s)

Last edited:
Poor communication on this and overly complex in deciding the design. If you put yourself forward for things like this, with such a vocal and passionate fan base you have to expect some criticism when things aren’t professionally done in the eyes of a number of fans.

Not a dig at any individual, but a collective view on the current incumbents.

Things may have been going on in the background, but in general, we have hardly had any updates, no sound bites and very little noise in general

latest OxVox mural info update arriving in OxVox members email inboxes around 'now'

there's a clear winner after the 2nd vote :sneaky:

They say that you can't please all of the people all of the time, it looks as if you can't please any of the people any time on here.?

OxVox (committee), with the mural situation, along with some other projects they are involved in, get criticized whichever or whatever ever they do. Damned if they do, damned if they don't is often where OxVox committee members find themselves .
I don't always agree with what OxVox committee decides on doing, but as a member of OxVox, I'm happy that all OxVox members opinions are sought by the committee... sometimes a wider range, (outside of OxVox members), of OUFC supporters opinions are also taken on board too. Which has been the case with the decision regarding the appearance of the (soon to be installed) East Stand mural(s)
I applaud them for the initiative, they just made hard work of it and dont think we really needed a voting process ... i for one was more than happy with what the ultras produced and had zero input into design...less process quicker results . . Anyway its done now and look forward to seeing the result...what will come first Brexit or the Mural..

This quote deserves to be shared out:
We are now just waiting for some paperwork to be sent to us so that the order can be placed. We hope to have that early next week and the Mural should be ready within two weeks of order. The fitting will be done by Paul and his fabulous team at Acute Homes. Paul is an Oxford fan and donated his services for free. We can’t thank Acute Homes and Polythene UK enough for their support with this project. They have stepped up to give us a helping hand after the amazing generosity of everyone that donated got us so close to the line. Thank you all so much, not only for the donations but for your input, patience and support with this project. We knew from the offset that we could not please everyone with the design, but felt it was worth pressing forward and getting as much feedback as possible from supporters while working within the framework we felt we could achieve. We have tried to bring some of our history and identity to the ground and make it feel more like home.

Acute Homes and Polythene deserve a good shout out for their help

And as I voted for option 1, glad it was chosen by more! It will look great once it's in....

I don`t think the vote was decisive enough, nor did the people who voted know exactly what they were voting for. There should be another vote and the mural pushed back until we get to the new ground!!

Thats how it works these days isn`t it? ? ?

I don`t think the vote was decisive enough, nor did the people who voted know exactly what they were voting for. There should be another vote and the mural pushed back until we get to the new ground!!

Thats how it works these days isn`t it? ? ?
Hang on! Don't want to rush these things. And, we need to elect a new committee first. Will of the people, and all that stuff eh?

Poor communication on this and overly complex in deciding the design. If you put yourself forward for things like this, with such a vocal and passionate fan base you have to expect some criticism when things aren’t professionally done in the eyes of a number of fans.

Not a dig at any individual, but a collective view on the current incumbents.

Things may have been going on in the background, but in general, we have hardly had any updates, no sound bites and very little noise in general

I’m not sure why being vocal and passionate means you demand things are done professionally? And do you really want sound bites and noise?

Hi all

Sorry for the late notice but I will be at the Fan Engagement meeting at the Kassam from 12:30 until around 2. I realise there are many different opinions on the Mural, good and bad, but if you want to take five minutes out of your pre match to come and chat we will do our best to explain what we have been doing and how we hope to move things forward.

Thanks again and hope to speak to a few of you soon.

COYY

So when will the grand unveiling be?

If the Ipswich game is postponed because of International commitments then it’s looking like the Shrewsbury match will be its first outing. Or the possibility of a home tie in the FA Cup 2nd round (if we beat Hayes & Yeading!)

Might get some good positive national publicity when Sky come calling for the Man City fixture.

Back
Top Bottom