General Disabled parking cancelled for VIPs

This is the first we've heard of this, and we have asked for an explanation, it really isn't acceptable to reduce BB spaces.

As an aside, we look at the forum at intervals but if you want OUSP to follow up something and be sure we've seen it, your best bet is to email us ouspinfo@gmail.com
We have been assured that the club did not request or sanction that those disabled spaces be used for VIPs on Saturday, and they had no knowledge of those spaces being disallowed for disabled fans.

Whether there is a need for the car park stewards to be better briefed so this does not recur is another question, and one we have raised. We do occasionally find that some car park stewards have not fully understood the access routes for BB spaces, but when addressed with them it has improved. This may be one of those situations.

As with all things, if something like this occurs we always suggest reporting to a steward on the day so it can be looked into and resolved at the time.

Please assure your sister that this should not have happened, and that in future she should be able to use those spaces provided nobody else eligible has got there first.

Since the issue with TVP parking in disabled bays was raised it hasn't been repeated, regular spot checks of blue badge spaces have taken place, and a couple of instances of cars parking in BB spaces without displaying a blue badge have been identified and so asked to move.

We recently suggested that the BB spaces be re-marked to make them much clearer and easier for eligible drivers to locate. This will hopefully be done over the coming months on a rolling basis.

Last edited:
We recently ascertained that the supporters panel removed the need for proper fans forums. It’s why it was put in place.

As one who was involved in the process of setting up the panel, I can assure you that that was never, ever the intention nor would that have been accepted by anyone of us who were involved.
Why don't you contact the panel (ouspinfo@gmail.com) or, for that matter @OxVox and ask them about Fans Forums?

As one who was involved in the process of setting up the panel, I can assure you that that was never, ever the intention nor would that have been accepted by anyone of us who were involved.
Why don't you contact the panel (ouspinfo@gmail.com) or, for that matter @OxVox and ask them about Fans Forums?

Rather than using a third party contact the SLO directly.................. it's his job. 🤷‍♂️

I very much doubt a steward made this up so it's a little poor of the club to attempt to lay the blame at misinformed stewards. Own and learn from your mistakes is all i personally would ask.

I very much doubt a steward made this up so it's a little poor of the club to attempt to lay the blame at misinformed stewards. Own and learn from your mistakes is all i personally would ask.
Why would you doubt a steward would make this up but happily believe the club have lied?

I can see the situation;
People arrive before the car park stewards are in place… fill up the disabled bays.

Steward is asked why cars without blue badges are parked in there and, rather than admit they dropped a ball, say the club have decided those cars can’t be moved… I can see it falling in to the too difficult box to trace the owner who is now enjoying a bacteria riddled Chinese, 2 hour wait for fish and chips or plastic burger.

@Sarge I’m not doubting your source and hope, however the mistake was made, it is resolved for next time.

I know of two more who will not be attending any games not covered by their season tickets. Not for the reasons above but simply because of how they feel the club has treated them. (Both long standing supporters)
That’s a shame, they might miss out on a few good cup nights.

There was definitely a new approach to the car parking on Saturday. I have previously queried why the G1 parking area was consistently empty and coned off but for this game at least, stewards were moving cones and allowing certain cars to park.

I don't know the criteria for entry, but it was about half full by 1 o'clock and the little gaggle of regulars ( who I presumed got there before the cones were put out) were conspicuous by their absence ....

I suspect there will be a lot of 'passing the buck' on this. Its an embarrassment for whoever sanctioned it and the club.
Indeed it is. And, as a result, I’m sure we’ll never know which plonkers were responsible.

Why would you doubt a steward would make this up but happily believe the club have lied?

I can see the situation;
People arrive before the car park stewards are in place… fill up the disabled bays.

Steward is asked why cars without blue badges are parked in there and, rather than admit they dropped a ball, say the club have decided those cars can’t be moved… I can see it falling in to the too difficult box to trace the owner who is now enjoying a bacteria riddled Chinese, 2 hour wait for fish and chips or plastic burger.

@Sarge I’m not doubting your source and hope, however the mistake was made, it is resolved for next time.
my sister, dad & nephew all 3 ST holders, 2 of them BB holders

Oh dear- the powers that be took the decision for the Cambridge match to deny access to 6 disabled spaces to accommodate VIPs .... who evidently OUFC value over and above the needs of Bluebadge disabled supporters

this was in the section behind the fence end SSL in the oblong small area on the right driving towards the SSL/ fence end

Rather embarrassed stewards informed 'its only for this game'

which really isn't the point

Disabled OUFC supporters when parking, close to the ground ( limited mobility) require target parking spaces (disabled spaces) to allow exit and entry to vehicles.... having to forage around the carpark for a( narrow) parking space some distance away from what are designated disabled spaces really isn't good enough

Assurances were given by OUFC- to both @OUSP Secretary and @OxVox after a cat A match, last season, when TVP commandeered a number of disabled spaces at the fence end by the North stand, that more attention would be paid regarding the parking requirements of bluebadge holding OUFC supporters on matchdays

Disabled parking spaces are in short supply around the breeze block anyway- priorotising VIPs over disabled supporters quite simply is not on

Visit site - Getmodnow is committed to taking your gaming experience to the next level with countless MOD APK, APK download, Unlocked APK updated daily. Enjoy!
Short memories or blatant disregard ( thus confirming that OUSP is literally a box ticking exercise?) for assurances given.... as for the first game of a new season accommodating so called VIPs was evidently a much higher priority than needs of Disabled OUFC supporters - SHAME ON THOSE RESPONSIBLE for an absolutely disgraceful decision
I understand your frustration and disappointment that assurances given to improve disabled parking arrangements at matches have not been upheld. It is important for the club to prioritize the needs of disabled supporters, and it is disappointing to hear that this has not been the case.

Content of post deleted by Colin B.
I smell a FOSB rat. Very strange timing to post this, a day before the Kidlington poll, and it's a first time poster, with the initials V(ictoria) C(ampbell). I wouldn't be surprised to see this post appear on FOSB propaganda claiming that the club can't be trusted to carry through on their promises. I think the moderators should consider deleting this post and take a close look at this poster.

By the way, VC, this has subsequently been sorted out, and the car park, like the stadium, is not owned by the club.

Last edited:
I understand your frustration and disappointment that assurances given to improve disabled parking arrangements at matches have not been upheld.
Oh Vernon, this was resolved and all assurances upheld. Not sure why you would pick up on something from last August.
Incidentally the club recently held a constructive and helpful forum for disabled supporters.

I am a disabled Blue Badge supporter and have to say that for those of us that park in the ‘blue badge’ bays at the fence end (near car wash) corner the parking stewards are almost always VERY accommodating. Yes, the spaces are not well marked (stadco - I suspect) and you have to arrive early(ish) to secure one of the ‘formal’ spaces but they allow double parking where there aren’t actually formal marked bays to accommodate more blue badgers but the same goes for non-blue badge parking (ie. Arrive early to get a spot close by or use public transport). I’d give the club (and stewards) 8.5/10 for their helpful attitude (only docked 1.5 points for when there is a new steward policing the blue badge area that has to be politely reminded of the usual way things are done. I have to say though, that a very small minority of blue badgers thinks that they have more ‘rights’ than they do and can get a bit ‘upperty’.

Back
Top Bottom