Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Only the big, pertinent questions should be asked, plus when are those TVs in the east stand going to be working again.
A questioned should be asked about the on going issues with the stadium (s**t on seats, TV’s, toilets) and how the club is managing this, have we asked for a reduction in the rent if the club are having to deal with these issues themselves? Are the club billing the stadium company for the time club staff are having to spend on checking the stadium conditions which is something FIROKA should be doing?

I just can't understand this viewpoint. It's based on nothing more than hope. There hasn't been evidence of turning round, if anything it's getting worse. Sometimes it'd better to own the mistake.

Your view would carry weight but when you proclaim it after the vast majority of draws and losses regardless of who the manager is, it’s difficult to take it seriously.

It’s just Kip saying the same old stuff over and over again.

Buckingham won't be sacked during the season. But if the next 15 games go like the last 15, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the sack immediately the season ends. I'm not so sure he'd be trusted with a big transfer budget. I'm not ITK, but I could see Appleton coming back. Apart from us and Lincoln, his career has been a bit of a disaster. But sometimes, a manager just works out at a particular club. I still hope Buckingham makes it work, but after the rubbish I witnessed on Saturday, I'm having serious doubts.

Wtf. We wouldn’t have been 2nd in the table if we weren’t good enough to be 2nd in the table.

Yes we would, teams start well and drop off over a season because they aren’t good enough to sustain it. Which is what has happened to us. Just because I support Oxford United doesn’t mean I remain blinkered and can’t call out what in my view are facts backed up with stats. Check XG, Check clean sheets. We are probably midtable for both. We are not good enough consistently & over a long season, carrying passengers who don’t contribute anything will cost you & that’s exactly what has happened.

Our budget must be top four. We are underachieving. Little Stevenage do well on a much smaller budget, but they have a good Manager. Say what you like about Evans he knows how to build a team.

For the record I can’t stand him, and haven’t since those Boston days.

Yes we would, teams start well and drop off over a season because they aren’t good enough to sustain it. Which is what has happened to us. Just because I support Oxford United doesn’t mean I remain blinkered and can’t call out what in my view are facts backed up with stats. Check XG, Check clean sheets. We are probably midtable for both. We are not good enough consistently & over a long season, carrying passengers who don’t contribute anything will cost you & that’s exactly what has happened.
Yes but the point is we were good enough to be 2nd under Manning and then weren’t god enough under a much less competent experienced manager.

Port Vale and Exeter were both up there with us at the start as well, they dropped off big time.

Oh for goodness sake, he has only ever not been a crap coach at a very very low level of football.

As someone else has said, it’s like getting the job of a chef at a top restaurant for nor being crap at flipping burgers.
That’s absolute garbage, whatever the level you still need to be able to manage and win football matches, he’s been a success wherever he’s been whether that’s at Morrells Oxford Sunday league, conference South, Indian premier or English Premiership, although different levels still needs expertise coaching/managing experience, he is part of the City coaching network, I wouldn’t say that’s Mickey Mouse, would you Smith????

Back
Top Bottom