Championship Derby in trouble

A recent tweet from a Derby Fan is below, how's it going now @CurtHiggo? Even if DCFC are a Year 11 in Year 8, they're looking like the kid whose parents can't afford to send them to school in shoes........whilst I'm genuinely not looking to take the P**s out of Derby fans, the kind of big-time charlie nonsense spouted below is coming back to bite this Tweeter big-time. Imagine how they'll react when they are in L2 or below :). Derby are the new Sunderland.​

https://twitter.com/CurtHiggo
@CurtHiggo

Derby looking like a year 11 sat in a class of year 8s at school #dcfc

10:02 pm · 29 May 2022·Twitter for Android

Even if his takeover does complete, would you want him in charge of your club? I certainly wouldn't.

There was a Derby fan and host of their local club podcast on 5 Live who appeared desperate for him to take over. I don’t imagine he speaks for all but I think they’d be happy with anyone for now just to keep the club going. He admitted that the silence coming from Kirchner was worrying.

This Chris Kirchner bloke is a tyre-kicking narcissist. He doesn’t have the funds and even if he did he should have had them ready to send on time. They need to move onto the next prospective buyer ASAP.

We might be playing in a 23 team league soon.

Derby County FC have had enough time to sort this issue out, and I think the EFL have been more than generous. Yes it’s sad to see a football club go bust, and my god it nearly happened to us. So I do sympathise with the supporters, as they are there through thick and thin.

I think if this was a lesser club, like a Bury, then the EFL wouldn’t of shown as much patience.

The fixtures are out soon, so things need to happen fast. Otherwise they are out of time, and it’s goodbye to Derby County FC.

We might be playing in a 23 team league soon.

Derby County FC have had enough time to sort this issue out, and I think the EFL have been more than generous. Yes it’s sad to see a football club go bust, and my god it nearly happened to us. So I do sympathise with the supporters, as they are there through thick and thin.

I think if this was a lesser club, like a Bury, then the EFL wouldn’t of shown as much patience.

The fixtures are out soon, so things need to happen fast. Otherwise they are out of time, and it’s goodbye to Derby County FC.
And that’s the problem, I don’t think the EFL are fit for purpose

There was a Derby fan and host of their local club podcast on 5 Live who appeared desperate for him to take over. I don’t imagine he speaks for all but I think they’d be happy with anyone for now just to keep the club going. He admitted that the silence coming from Kirchner was worrying.

This Chris Kirchner bloke is a tyre-kicking narcissist. He doesn’t have the funds and even if he did he should have had them ready to send on time. They need to move onto the next prospective buyer ASAP.
Of course the next buyer is Mike Ashley, who doesn't want to pay the administrators, and wants the council to buy Pride Park and let them play in it free/cheap.

If it was bury or Macclesfield they would have been gone by now it's time for derby to get sent on there way like the other two were
They're completely different situations and neither were "sent on there way".

Bury were consistently unable to pay wages and had very little interest in them until late in the day when they were given a final deadline. In the end they didn't go bust and were "just" expelled from the football league. The business of Bury FC still exists and is remobilising at the present time.

Macclesfield had had countless winding up orders, failed to pay wages on numerous occasions and again had no realistic takeover deal in the pipeline. Points deductions (as given to Derby/Reading/Sheff Weds etc) saw them relegated. They were wound up by the high court and were actually in the National League when that happened having been given the entirety of the summer to sort themselves out.

Derby's situation appears to be more akin to Bolton and Wigan who both had numerous parties in the running to buy them, and in Bolton's case saw various deals fall through.
Derby have continued to pay wages all the way through (albeit via different avenues) and have had consistent interest from a large number of different potential buyers. Quite why the administrators have dragged it out this long is beyond me.

The EFL statement today sees them take an unprecedented action of getting involved in talks with administrators and potential buyers - they are definitely running out of patience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom