Danny Hylton

Thing is returning strikers are usually never as prolific as first time around....there's a bit of a list of ex OUFC strikers who returned that confirm this , who were they? ....there a possibly a few exceptions too... who were they?
Edit-Posted marginally after @iambungle post above ^^ ;)

They also had us down for signing that Bradford midfielder...

Tbf I read somewhere that KR confirmed interest but had dropped it due to signing Kashi.
remember folks for every Joey Beauchamp there is a Paul Moody

Moodys goalscoring ratio in his second spell wasn’t far off that of his first! He was playing in a very poor team too!

I think Hylton is probably the ideal striker for the system that we play. Apparently on good contract at Luton though.

IMHO we haven't had a striker as good as Danny since he left. I had a chat with him just before he left and he was gutted to be leaving but with three young kids Luton's offer was so much better and he knew MApp was bringing in Thomas.
Not sure if he is the answer as he might not get the goals we need. But he is certainly a notch up on what we have. Would lke someone like Surridge to come in as well.

With three match suspension still to serve, although he’d be good , I’d like to see another attacking option signed...the clock is ticking

With three match suspension still to serve, although he’d be good , I’d like to see another attacking option signed...the clock is ticking
Wasnt it a 4 match ban for a 2nd straight red?

People need to calm the f**k down , yes I would welcome Danny back , he’ll do a job but some folk on here and on social media are reacting as though it’s the second coming .

No hope he'll come back, we'll end up with some young kid who can't score for toffee

remember folks for every Joey Beauchamp there is a Paul Moody

I’d make the case that there is another category to the ‘returning hero’ scenario.

The good – Joey Beauchamp

The bad – Nigel Jemson

The indifferent – Bobby Ford

Paul Moody was a shadow of the player he once was but adequate enough to score a few goals for us to stave off relegation in 2001-02. Rob Hall could well fit into all three categories with the way his career peaks and troughs with us.

I would love him back but...

Somebody on another thread strangely suggested we had discipline issues. Not sure what that person would make of Hylton coming back. Hylton could start a fight in an empty room.

Back
Top Bottom