Current Squad - Keep or Let Go

The current squad with contracts...let me know if anything needs to be updated!

Big clear out incoming summer 2018.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 10.48.55.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 10.48.55.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 81
Mowatt no pace....out. Hall.....too big a risk with injuries...out, regretfully
Jokes aside about Mowatt, I would be happy either way. I think Hall should be retained, he offers something different and is a game changer when fit.

I hope we are able to hang onto Rob. Some of his interchanges with Maguire were superb to watch. As ever, much depends on the quality of players around him. Mowatt I suspect will return to his Club; he lacks pace and never seemed to have found his position here. There is no doubt about his ability with a dead ball, his assist for Obika’s goal against Blackpool was a stand-out.

Interesting.
I do not believe, Eastwood or Nelson will be allowed to leave
I would add the following to your list of players to leave,contract or no contract.
Shearer,Raglan,Mousinho,Long,Kelleher,Thomas,Roberts and Pekalski.
Pekalski? Wait a minute, I seem to remember that name. Like for like he makes Jon Narbett worthy of a testimonial.

I hope we are able to hang onto Rob. Some of his interchanges with Maguire were superb to watch. As ever, much depends on the quality of players around him. Mowatt I suspect will return to his Club; he lacks pace and never seemed to have found his position here. There is no doubt about his ability with a dead ball, his assist for Obika’s goal against Blackpool was a stand-out.

No doubt? I’ve seen him put in about 3 good balls from free-kicks and corners all season. Oh, and there’s the penalty miss too.

Pekalski? Wait a minute, I seem to remember that name. Like for like he makes Jon Narbett worthy of a testimonial.
If Kelleher leaves he’ll go down as one of the strangest signings we’ve ever made. Signed without us even having a manager then shipped out on loan without playing a game for us.

If Kelleher leaves he’ll go down as one of the strangest signings we’ve ever made. Signed without us even having a manager then shipped out on loan without playing a game for us.

Announced immediately after the proposed deal for Liam Lindsay collapsed due to MAPP's departure.

Has gone on to have a decent season for Barnsley (despite their struggles) by all accounts.

What a pivot in our season's prospects that was; lose MAPP and Lindsay, eventually to be replaced by Pep and Kelleher

• React
Reactions: Ian
Announced immediately after the proposed deal for Liam Lindsay collapsed due to MAPP's departure.

Has gone on to have a decent season for Barnsley (despite their struggles) by all accounts.

What a pivot in our season's prospects that was; lose MAPP and Lindsay, eventually to be replaced by Pep and Kelleher

And he looks like he could be L1 next season

• React
Reactions: Ian
Rob Hall & Curtis Nelson both have an option for another year if the club decides to trigger it. Unlikely that they wouldn't I would have thought.

Rob Hall & Curtis Nelson both have an option for another year if the club decides to trigger it. Unlikely that they wouldn't I would have thought.
Looking at the stats for both, Curtis is a given. Keep him,with undoubted pressure from other clubs. Rob Hall, averaging around 16/17 games per season from 2010. Such a difficult one to call. A huge gamble for Robinson. I think the jury is out at present. Opinions please.

But eventually (!) replaced by Dickie who is clearly a great prospect.

Last edited:
Would happily give Hall another year, just for the added option he gives us ie with pace, can pop up with goals

Looking at the stats for both, Curtis is a given. Keep him,with undoubted pressure from other clubs. Rob Hall, averaging around 16/17 games per season from 2010. Such a difficult one to call. A huge gamble for Robinson. I think the jury is out at present. Opinions please.
Robinson and Hall already said he will be here next year.

Robinson reckons Hall is one of the best wingers in the league when fit, and Hall said he feels like he has to repay the club.

I'd definitely keep Hall, when he was fully fit in September he was unplayable and looked class above anyone else who has played on the wing this year.

Could be smart to ease him back give him 20-30 minute stints throughout pre season and then the first 6-8 weeks of next season the same. Don't throw him back in the starting line up for a while until he's injury free for a while and use him off the bench.

The current squad with contracts...let me know if anything needs to be updated!

Big clear out incoming summer 2018.

I think Ruffels signed a new contract back in October, so he's with us until 2020 - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41695764

For me, I think the ideal retained list (if we can offload Hemmings, Obika and Pekalski, which we may not be able to) is:

GK - Eastwood, Stevens
CB - Nelson, Dickie, Mousinho
CM - Brannagan, Ledson, Ruffels
W - Henry, Napa, Hall
Util - Caroll

And that's it, barring a few youngsters......
Robinson will then likely need to bring in 7-9 to build a competitive squad (more, obviously, if we sell Eastwood, Nelson or Ledson). With Kane perhaps being one of those.

I think Ruffels signed a new contract back in October, so he's with us until 2020 - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41695764

For me, I think the ideal retained list (if we can offload Hemmings, Obika and Pekalski, which we may not be able to) is:

GK - Eastwood, Stevens
CB - Nelson, Dickie, Mousinho
CM - Brannagan, Ledson, Ruffels
W - Henry, Napa, Hall
Util - Caroll

And that's it, barring a few youngsters......
Robinson will then likely need to bring in 7-9 to build a competitive squad (more, obviously, if we sell Eastwood, Nelson or Ledson). With Kane perhaps being one of those.
If we’re also able to keep hold of Rothwell then that’s a great nucleus to start with. I’d like to see us sign an experienced - tall if possible - CM. Someone 28 -30 yrs old who can be a calming influence in the middle of the park.

If we’re also able to keep hold of Rothwell then that’s a great nucleus to start with. I’d like to see us sign an experienced - tall if possible - CM. Someone 28 -30 yrs old who can be a calming influence in the middle of the park.

You mean like Mousinho ?

You mean like Mousinho ?
Mousinho? Calming influence..? He’s caused several near heart attacks this season ? Admittedly he has improved a lot recently though. He had a good game yesterday and a great penalty under pressure. So yep maybe..

Back
Top Bottom