General Current side

If I were to combine form with the need to shake things up, I'd personally play the following

McGinty
Anderson Mousinho Moore Brown
Jones McGuane Brannagan Henry
Browne
Taylor
Mousinho can’t play in a back four. His legs have gone too much for that to be an option. He says that himself - not my opinion, his opinion. That’s why we went to a back three, so he could sit in the middle, and even then he couldn’t play twice a week and needed extra recovery time. He is 36 and stopped playing regularly nearly three years ago. He can’t get his conditioning back at this point.

I love the guy and the fact that he came in for a few games and won player of the month is simultaneously a credit to him as well as a damning indictment of his team mates and their own performance levels, but he physically cannot play regular professional football anymore. Especially in a four.

That he has played a handful of games and looked our best defender is such a dreadful reflection of where we find ourselves. The squad is in bits.

Mousinho can’t play in a back four. His legs have gone too much for that to be an option. He says that himself - not my opinion, his opinion. That’s why we went to a back three, so he could sit in the middle, and even then he couldn’t play twice a week and needed extra recovery time. He is 36 and stopped playing regularly nearly three years ago. He can’t get his conditioning back at this point.

I love the guy and the fact that he came in for a few games and won player of the month is simultaneously a credit to him as well as a damning indictment of his team mates and their own performance levels, but he physically cannot play regular professional football anymore. Especially in a four.

That he has played a handful of games and looked our best defender is such a dreadful reflection of where we find ourselves. The squad is in bits.
Fine, Findlay then...thank God we have enough options there, just like everywhere else on the pitch.
Right...?

Basically, Henry is in there because I don't want Browne or Bodin there, as they should be used elsewhere (former) or not at all (latter). I admit it is a square peg in a round hole and I wanted to avoid that if at all possible.

Anderson and Jones I am prepared to give a go because Long is consistently awful and they showed at least a bit of vim against Chelsea. After which they were both binned off entirely against Wycombe.

Hard life being a football manager eh?

Last edited:
I’m sorry but from what I have seen of Anderson so far he should be nowhere near the team (will be very happy to be proven wrong)
I’ve not seen him play , but a very worrying sign if this is the case, who is making the decision on these players (Jones, smyth) etc??

I’m not sure why Browne is suddenly considered not to be a choice at left wing. I thought he’s done well there recently over the last couple of games, certainly a lot better than when he was looking lost centrally earlier in the season.

I’m not sure why Browne is suddenly considered not to be a choice at left wing. I thought he’s done well there recently over the last couple of games, certainly a lot better than when he was looking lost centrally earlier in the season.
I’m pretty convinced personally that his best position is on the left, where he can either get 1v1 or where teams doubling up on him creates space for others inside. I think putting him centrally at 10 or as a striker nullifies him. Virtually every game I’ve ever seen him shine in has been when he’s been on the wing.

I’d like to see Saturday:

3-4-3

McGinty
Long Moore Findlay
Anderson McGuane Brannagan Seddon
Jones Browne Murphy​

I’m pretty convinced personally that his best position is on the left, where he can either get 1v1 or where teams doubling up on him creates space for others inside. I think putting him centrally at 10 or as a striker nullifies him. Virtually every game I’ve ever seen him shine in has been when he’s been on the wing.
TBH I didn't think he really shone on Saturday, we need more from him. But I'd say he is a winger or wide attacker.

Back
Top Bottom